Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Sanyo

Old Dec 15, 2007, 1:32 PM   #11

"The top of my wish list for Sanyo or anyone else is that they include an optical viewfinder on their cameras"

Setter Dog,

The Kodak Z812 has an electronic optical viewfinder (it shoots 720P video). What's neat about it is that you can also review your pictures and video in the viewfinder. Unfortunately, it is not pocketable which is why I have a HD700 on order.

Question: This (the HD700) comes with Adobe Premiere Elements 3.0 video editing software. Is there some freeware out there that will let me transfer my edited video tostandard dvd while maintaining the original resolution (I have a Toshiba HD-DVD player)? In other words make a HD dvd on a standard dvd?
willk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 15, 2007, 2:19 PM   #12

fishycomics wrote:
Quote:
I noticed that when I had placed my hands on the zoom, and possably on a vid, but no longer worried due to returning
So you're saying yes there was when you positioned your fingers on the zoom? You're returning it? Why? Did you just purchase to do a review? I see your reviews everywhere.
blegate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 15, 2007, 3:31 PM   #13

Bl...

apon impulse, I seen it at 300 jumped on it, canceled, and then again thought I go for thesale, and I tried it out. I did not like the CCD smear. did not like the non locking screen, I do not have the fastest pc but double the capacity in file size I felt I needed something less powerful. I am kicking myself, but I did not just do it for a review if I did I would held on to it longer to the return of jan 20th and giving myself the 11 day safety spot.

It is a winner for 300 WOW!

softwareis for S2 pkg Xp users i am at that stage of hitting my update, too many issues with a pc windows LMAO next step would be a more powerful software besides Adobe. canno or will not purchaseyet.

Super happy do not get me wrong but when my finger started to zoomI heard click or noise,and know it was just the exterior, not the interior.

Never seen lens barrel but reflection of smear.

I would have filmedwith my Aiptek andrecorded the sound with the Sanny.

I would recommend in a heart beat of300. not 600.00 review or not i am addicted in many ways and would rather save my hard earned $$ at this time, but its Xmax treat myselfto something :Gthanks for the excellent advice andc omment.

Memeber Fishy
fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 16, 2007, 10:45 AM   #14

Setter Dog wrote:
Quote:
Is anyone using an 8GB SD card? What brand?
I bought a Kingston 8GB Class 4 for mine for $55 before a $15 rebate and free shipping. Works fine. Seems they have raised the price a bit but there's still a $15 rebate:

http://meritline.stores.yahoo.net/ki...-sd-card2.html
visorblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 16, 2007, 11:10 AM   #15

Visorblue,...thanks for the good tip on the Kingston 8GB card. I normally use Sandisk, but have had a Kingston 2GB for several years that has functioned perfectly.

Now, if I can get a recommendation on a video editing program that is SIMPLE, that can do basic editing and DVD recording. Right now, I can't even play the clips from the CG65, much less the HD700,.......and I have a very fast brand new laptop using Vista. I guess I just don't enough about it. Hoping a good video program will solve my problems. Thanks!
Setter Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 17, 2007, 2:58 PM   #16

blegate wrote:
Quote:
Anyone else experiencing zoom noise on the hd700? I have.
Mine is loud and clear when I zoom and play the video...
Prince Lynx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 17, 2007, 10:28 PM   #17

"Which editing program is simple and effective?

I use Windows Movie Maker to edit vido files from my CG65 in my Vista notebook. You have to first install AppleQuickPlay (came in the box). It is fast and very easy. Try it.
ruchai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 18, 2007, 1:22 AM   #18

blegate wrote:
Quote:
Anyone else experiencing zoom noise on the hd700?* I have.
i have too, its pretty loud if every thing else is at a low volume.
jklikesfilm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 23, 2007, 11:02 PM   #19

willk wrote:
Quote:
"The top of my wish list for Sanyo or anyone else is that they include an optical viewfinder on their cameras"

Setter Dog,

The Kodak Z812 has an electronic optical viewfinder (it shoots 720P video). What's neat about it is that you can also review your pictures and video in the viewfinder. Unfortunately, it is not pocketable which is why I have a HD700 on order.

Question: This (the HD700) comes with Adobe Premiere Elements 3.0 video editing software. Is there some freeware out there that will let me transfer my edited video tostandard dvd while maintaining the original resolution (I have a Toshiba HD-DVD player)? In other words make a HD dvd on a standard dvd?
As far as I understand, DVD is DVD and HDDVD is HDDVD. They are not the same.

You cannot expect HD format in a regular DVD.

If you want to retain the HD format, you need a HD DVD writer and write it on HD DVD.
celsius2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 24, 2007, 12:33 PM   #20

I had an Aiptek a-hd before the HD 700. It came with a cd that made it possible to smoothly play on Windows Media Player (play back is smoother than on Quicktime). I can now just change the file extention to .mov and play my HD 700 videos smoothly on my computer. Here is how to obtain:

My video runs smooth by playing under Windows Media Player. I got the codec for doing this from Aiptek.com.
First buy the cd (2.99) from them and install. Then rename your extensions to .mov and right click to use "open with Windows Media Player". Runs smooth on my desktop and 95% smooth on my laptop.
The cd you want to get says this in the description: "Includes Media Player 11 Decoder for AIPTEK* .MOV Video Files"

willk is offline   Reply With Quote