Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Sanyo

Old Dec 17, 2007, 12:23 AM   #1

I just picked up an HD2 and am happy with the image quality and most of the features. I don't know if it is my camera or all of the HD2's, but the focus is really noisy on my footage. I could shoot in manual all the time or lock the focus, but that seems to silly for the amount of money the camera cost. Is this just my camera? I can still return it for another HD2 if it is. If not, I may look at getting the HD1000 instead. I just like the smaller size of the HD2.
digicamtony is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Dec 17, 2007, 12:33 PM   #2

I would exchange it and then see. Hopefully it is just a defective unit that you currently have. God Bless :-)
JRDELUNAIII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 30, 2007, 4:19 AM   #3

Hi,

I own bothe the E1 and the HD2 and the HD2 is MUCH worse. I think it is because the lens elements are bigger than the E1. It must take more effort to move them for focusing. Plus unlike an SLR which focuses than stabilizes the camcorder constantly focuses.Notice that the HD2 successor the HD700 reduced the lens elements. I wonder if the HD1000 is ok. This kind of noise is to be expected when you have such a small unit and everything is crammed into a tight space.

Regards,

Joe
arcangel6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 30, 2007, 12:59 PM   #4

Thanks for the posts. I have spent a lot of time reading these forums and looking at footage from the different cameras. I was able to return the camera to Circuit City without a restocking fee and am looking again. I was willing to pay the extra money for the mic input, but am not sure that I will use that option enough to justify the extra expense. That said, I am looking at the HD700 and HD1000 now. I like the size of the HD700, but like the low light capabilities of the HD1000 (that and 720p60).

The focus noise was really only a problem when the surrounding audio was quite. I got over that annoyance quickly, but was not happy with the low light quality for the price. I was ok with the low light being bad on my Sanyo CG6, but it was only $200.
digicamtony is offline   Reply With Quote