Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Sanyo

Old Dec 22, 2007, 7:44 PM   #1

Thanks to some folks in this forum, I was able to get in on the $299 deal for xacti hd700 from Amazon. I received the camcorder today. After charging the battery for 120 minutes - during which time I actually read the user manual, I notice that the camcorder does not power on. Thinking of trying to get a replacement from Amzon.
Has it happened to someone before? Is there a defective batch at Amazon, which is why they are selling these cams off at low prices?

sunnyboy70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Dec 22, 2007, 9:01 PM   #2

it is a holiday time and for that limitation they offered this at an all time low.

if a defect, I believe Sanyo would pull of the line , and recycle.
fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 22, 2007, 11:16 PM   #3

sunnyboy70 wrote:
Quote:
Thanks to some folks in this forum, I was able to get in on the $299 deal for xacti hd700 from Amazon. I received the camcorder today. After charging the battery for 120 minutes - during which time I actually read the user manual, I notice that the camcorder does not power on. Thinking of trying to get a replacement from Amzon.
Has it happened to someone before? Is there a defective batch at Amazon, which is why they are selling these cams off at low prices?

No, I just think you had bad luck. Sometimes it happens!
rgvcam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 23, 2007, 8:38 AM   #4

I have two thoughts,.......

Are you sure the battery is in correctly? I think it's possible to put it in backwards. Mine isn't handy right now or I would confirm that.

Did you hold the power switch on? Oh well, it's worth a try. My $299 Blue Plate special arrived from Amazon and it seems to work like a champ.

Sorry for your bad luck. I know how disappointing things like that can be.
Setter Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 23, 2007, 7:48 PM   #5

Sure. I verified multiple times that the battery was inserted properly. The unit charged for about 90 minutes and then the red colored charging LED went off, just as described in the manual.
I did try powering on by depressing the power switch below the LCD for over 2secs. I guess it is sheer bad luck. But Amazon is shipping mine for delivery on 26th december...I will wait and let you all know how it goes.

sunnyboy70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 23, 2007, 7:56 PM   #6

sunnyboy70 wrote:
Quote:
Sure. I verified multiple times that the battery was inserted properly. The unit charged for about 90 minutes and then the red colored charging LED went off, just as described in the manual.
I did try powering on by depressing the power switch below the LCD for over 2secs. I guess it is sheer bad luck. But Amazon is shipping mine for delivery on 26th december...I will wait and let you all know how it goes.

Sunnyboy,....it sounds to me like Amazon is giving you some very good service. That's nice to know.
Setter Dog is offline   Reply With Quote