Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Sanyo

Old Dec 23, 2007, 4:55 PM   #1

I just got my HD 700 and knew it used the famous docking system for keeping the battery charged and certain other functions. What a joke,....

The C5 also used the dock but it had an extra gadget attached to the cord so you could charge the battery in the camera and an extra one at the same time. This was a good idea, in my opinion.

Along came the CG65 and the dock was gone. They furnished a battery charger so you could charge one battery while using a fresh one in the camera. This was a good idea.

I'm not sure how you're supposed to manage the battery in the HD 700. Use it until the battery dies then hook it up and charge the battery,.......I guess you could charge a spare battery in the camera and carry it with you. When that one dies you have to then hook up the dock to charge each of them one at a time.

That brings me to the question,.....does anyone know a good source for a reliable charger/extra battery combinatiion? I want one that will charge in the car. There are several listed on the internet but I've had poor luck with replacement batteries and hoped someone could recommend a source that sells a good one.

While I'm in the complaining mood, I noted that while the C5 and CG65 came with a nice neck strap, the HD 700 has a little wrist strap only. Not that great an idea.

Setter Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Dec 23, 2007, 10:33 PM   #2

Setter Dog wrote:
Quote:
When that one dies you have to then hook up the dock to charge each of them one at a time.
You don't need to use the dock to charge the battery. You can plug the camera directly into the charger.

Sanyo also list a separate charger for the BL-L40 battery that the HD700 uses.
rgvcam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 23, 2007, 10:44 PM   #3

I am sure you can find an after market battery charger and batteriesfrom many sources like ebay.
celsius2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 26, 2007, 9:59 AM   #4

I ordered an extra battery and charger (AC and auto) off ebay from a Hong Kong seller. Should be here any day now.

Neck straps are readily available in every size, shape and color, if you prefer them, search ebay. I like the wrist strap myself. I don't dangle the caera by it, I hold the camera and have the added security of the strap in case something happens. Otherwise it's in my pocket. Seems a bit much to wear around your neck. Note: I've been wrong before.

These are cheap, 2 for $4 delivered and up to lots of 100:

Seller's store: http://stores.ebay.com/eki-shop

visorblue is offline   Reply With Quote