Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Sanyo

Old Dec 29, 2007, 2:30 AM   #1

I was looking into buying the Sanyo Xacti VPC-E1, but when i ordered it on warehouse123.com, they called the Sanyo Xacti VPC-CA65. Is that the same camera? They come in the same colors. Both r waterproof. I just wanna make sure i ordered the camera i was looking for.
TheYoungSav is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Dec 29, 2007, 6:19 PM   #2

My understanding is that the E1 is the U.S. version of the CA65. If that's the case there could be warranty issues with the CA65 in the U.S.

Hmm. Not sure where you're located but warehouse123 is in Hong Kong, which explains why they are selling the CA65 and not the E1.

Sanyo's U.S. site doesn't mention the CA65 and their Japan site doesn't mention the E1.

E1: http://www.sanyodigital.com/product.aspx?v=1
CA65: http://www.sanyo-dsc.com/english/pro...a65/index.html
visorblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 29, 2007, 10:56 PM   #3

In hong kong? Really? will the directions be in chinese? I bought an mp3 player from a merchant in hong kong and the whole thing was in chinese and none of the directions were in english. u think this will be similar. the only reason i'm buying it from warehouse123.com is because of the cheap price (compared to amazon.com where the white camera is about 20 more dollars than the blue)

will U.S. bought accessories (like another battery) work on it? I dont want to have the same problem with this camera as i did with the mp3 player.
Old Dec 29, 2007, 11:53 PM   #4

I bought a CA-65 from warehouse123... everything's in english... manuals and camcorder.
ray301 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 30, 2007, 12:52 AM   #5

ight thanx. Do you know if its possible if i can somehow buy a warranty for this camera though?
Old Dec 30, 2007, 3:16 PM   #6

warehouse123 sells their products with a 1 year warrenty by themselves... so i guess if your product ever fails of its own fault, then you send it back to warehouse123 and they'll send you a replacement.

you can always write them an email, they are really good with responding to questions. usually within 24 hours.
ray301 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 30, 2007, 7:19 PM   #7

TheYoungSav wrote:
Quote:
In hong kong? Really? will the directions be in chinese?
Yes, Hong Kong: http://warehouse123.com/HelpCompany.php#COMPANY27

Quote:
I bought an mp3 player from a merchant in hong kong and the whole thing was in chinese and none of the directions were in english. u think this will be similar. the only reason i'm buying it from warehouse123.com is because of the cheap price (compared to amazon.com where the white camera is about 20 more dollars than the blue)
They seem to be a decent dealer as others have purchased from them without problem. Just keep in mind that you're buying greymarket with no U.S. warranty. Sanyo U.S. won't even touch it.Warehouse123 states they'll cover you but that means sending your camera back to Hong Kong.

I just bought a battery and charger for my HD700 from Hong Kong and it took 22 days to get here -- maybe Christmas played a part in the delay. They sent the right battery but wrong charger. So, it's going to be at least another few weeks before it's straightened out. How long will it take to send your camera to them and get a replacement or repair back to you is unknown.

Quote:
will U.S. bought accessories (like another battery) work on it? I dont want to have the same problem with this camera as i did with the mp3 player.
No, that shouldn't be a problem at all.

visorblue is offline   Reply With Quote