Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Sanyo

Old Dec 31, 2007, 2:03 PM   #1

Hi i,m having dia playback problems of the footage from my CG65 on my laptop, its a 2004 HP nx9005 500mg ram 1.600 mz running Winxp sp2 all update , so reallyshould handle the images, i,m using QT pro7 and its here that the pictures are snatching or freezing mainly onpans also occational artifacting pixelizinggenerally nothings smooth only my pint ofbest british bitter - which does,nt help my naff pictures. I ve tried shots usingvariouscamsettingTV-QHTV-SQH etc but still the same problems. even changes hardware acceleration on the laptop in windows with no real difference.

i noticed you mentioned QT is not that good so took your tip andloaded wins media with ffdshow however for some reason i can,t get the ffdshow to load into the Win medias plugins - do you have any ideas of how you loadthem on board, theres no WMedia plugins folder in the wins explorer other wise i d drop ffdshow in there.

any help or light with this issue would be great .

Best Wishes nadolig llawen
Stef
steveye is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Dec 31, 2007, 2:49 PM   #2

Is this the first time you've played back your videos? or has the problem just sprung up all of a sudden?

Also, i wonder if you're playing the movies from your hard drive, or straight from the camera? maybe it's a case of playing back with a slower SD card, or something in your computer is slowing down the USB transfer.

If this isn't the problem, then maybe another media player can do the trick. I use "VLC media player" and the "k-lite codec pack" for all my codecs. these two software are so efficient, I don't even use QT or WMP anymore.

anyways, these are some options you could try.
maestri09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 1, 2008, 6:35 AM   #3

Try using videolan (VLC) and see if that works fine.

steveye wrote:
Quote:
Hi i,m having dia playback problems of the footage from my CG65 on my laptop, its a 2004 HP nx9005 500mg ram 1.600 mz running Winxp sp2 all update , so reallyshould handle the images, i,m using QT pro7 and its here that the pictures are snatching or freezing mainly onpans also occational artifacting pixelizinggenerally nothings smooth only my pint ofbest british bitter - which does,nt help my naff pictures. I ve tried shots usingvariouscamsettingTV-QHTV-SQH etc but still the same problems. even changes hardware acceleration on the laptop in windows with no real difference.

i noticed you mentioned QT is not that good so took your tip andloaded wins media with ffdshow however for some reason i can,t get the ffdshow to load into the Win medias plugins - do you have any ideas of how you loadthem on board, theres no WMedia plugins folder in the wins explorer other wise i d drop ffdshow in there.

any help or light with this issue would be great .

Best Wishes nadolig llawen
Stef
herbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 1, 2008, 1:13 PM   #4

Hi many thanks for your quick response - yes its the first time i ve played the footage and connected to the laptop - i ve tried both ways ie files transfered to the hard drive and suckin the footage straight from the camera and same problem occures - yet the files / footage works find on our studio desktops but they are latest dual core etc.

i ve just paid £20 quid for QTpro7 and i,m having my doulbts that its up for the job on my laptop anyway - sodef will try VLC and k-tite and see how we go, will keep you postedmaestri n herbs

excellant- atch misto ta nevo bersh 08 pralas
Stef - Wales

steveye is offline   Reply With Quote