Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Sanyo

Old Jan 14, 2008, 6:16 PM   #1

Hey guys, new to the forum here. I bought a aiptek a-hd and used it for a bit, and found it to be good video, VERY poor audio. So I returned it and purchased the Sanyo CG6. This camera is very nice and takes good video. I do have one question. When I use the still camera function, I press the button to take a picture, and just before it takes the picture, the LCD "flickers" very quickly, more like the back light goes from light to dark, very quickly, maybe 5 times, then it takes the picture. Is this normal? Is there a setting somewhere I am missing? Other than that, everything works great. Any input appreciated.

ashenfang is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 14, 2008, 11:42 PM   #2

I owned one for a while. I do not remember mine doing this. Perhaps resetting the camera may help???? I cannot remember how this is done but it should be documented in the manual.

-B
blegate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 15, 2008, 2:56 AM   #3

Are you pressing the shutter button half way or lightly first so that its focuses? When the camera gets its focus then press it the full way.... I know you probably know about this but its the only thing I can think of that would cause the flicker....
TheTurk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 15, 2008, 3:21 AM   #4

Mine does that too if I don't first push the shutter button down halfway and give it a chance to focus first., if I'm understanding you correctly. I have a CG6EX but I'd imagine they work about the same.
dav3tv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 15, 2008, 3:59 AM   #5

Yeah, all the xacti models work the same. You have to do a half button press to focus first.
TheTurk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 15, 2008, 9:06 AM   #6

Yes, this is normal. The users manual even states that this is normal. It is beyond me why it does this, it actually looks like the camera is going nuts for about a second.
adric22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 23, 2008, 2:58 PM   #7

Hi, i had this question too when i first had my CG6. It flickers then takes the picture. I wasn't used to this and was concerned if it was a defect on the unit. I just half press on the photo button, focus (some flicker) then shoot. I got used to it and it's all good.
rrbarcarse is offline   Reply With Quote