Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Sanyo

Old Jan 20, 2008, 10:22 PM   #1

Hi, Has anyone had any success in getting the HD1000 to play any files other than the ones it creates during filming?

I am a Mac user and would like to edit some videos shot with the HD1000 and then put them back on the camera for viewing on a TV, I have found no way to do this, I can get the camera to recognise the file by naming it like the original ones (SANY . . . . . .) but it won't play the file.

The main issue with this camera is that after making great quality shots which can be edited on my Mac (720p) on Final Cut Pro or iMovie HD, there seems to be no way to view the final edits on a TV!

I am sure it must just be a way of converting the file somehow so that the camera is fooled into thinking it's an original camera file . . . . but how?

Simon
megalaser is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 21, 2008, 12:21 PM   #2

Cant be done! Several people have tried but there is no way to do this. Its states it in the manual also.
TheTurk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 25, 2008, 7:47 AM   #3

This was posted by ddchesser in another thread:

Try the freeware yamb, you can join and cut (to find the right cut position you can use the freeware riverpast) mp4 clips without re-encoding. If I remember well, I did it with my Sanyo HD1000 files. The joined file was playable on my HD1000 again, named as SAN0....MP4.

-----------

Or do you have to use MAC?
celsius2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 25, 2008, 7:47 AM   #4

This was posted by ddchesser in another thread:

Try the freeware yamb, you can join and cut (to find the right cut position you can use the freeware riverpast) mp4 clips without re-encoding. If I remember well, I did it with my Sanyo HD1000 files. The joined file was playable on my HD1000 again, named as SAN0....MP4.

-----------

Or do you want something for mac?
celsius2 is offline   Reply With Quote