Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Sanyo

Old Jan 25, 2008, 4:04 AM   #1

Hi Everyone

I am on the verge of buying an HD-700 from ebay and I am aware that some are UK versions and some are Japanese. This particular seller is UK based and it ships from the UK too.

My question is, what is the difference.... is one better than the other??

The one I am looking at is described as "Sanyo DMX-HD700" and I can't remember is that is a UK or Japanese model.

I am fairly certain I will be keeping it, hence buying from eBay, but I still have the option of getting it from QVC, but they want £399+ a 2GB SD Card and HDMI Cable. The auction I am looking at is only £288 + 4GB SD Card and HDMI Cable.

Your comments would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance:-)

renpriv is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 25, 2008, 4:13 AM   #2

No Difference operationally but the UK model should come with a HDMI cable.
TheTurk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 25, 2008, 4:16 AM   #3

in a different language , and possably unlimited record time DMX is the older version VCP is the newer version my opinion
fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 25, 2008, 6:23 AM   #4

fishycomics wrote:
Quote:
in a different language , and possably unlimited record time DMX is the older version VCP is the newer version my opinion
Do you mean the VPC is technically better?
Old Jan 25, 2008, 6:27 AM   #5

Dixons are doing the hd700 for £319 but is sold out at the moment if you dont want to go the ebay route, the HD1000 is at £418. I am tempted for the HD1000 but car and house related issues are preventing me.
herbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 25, 2008, 7:19 AM   #6

herbs wrote:
Quote:
Dixons are doing the hd700 for £319 but is sold out at the moment if you dont want to go the ebay route, the HD1000 is at £418. I am tempted for the HD1000 but car and house related issues are preventing me.
I have been thinking long and hard about the HD1000, but it is quite a substantial bit more expenesive and for the amount of times I am going to use it I think the HD-700 will be fine.

I know the zoom is half the size, but I just love the pocketability of the HD-700

Old Jan 26, 2008, 8:31 AM   #7

fishycomics wrote:
Quote:
as again that is what I said, and found out, changing DMX to VCP makes it better or not is your decision if it is updated revamped newer model, older oneetc.

HD1000 has the advantage of abetter cam. I can live without a biggerfile size a bigger Res lens adaptors as an option etc the HD 700 offers a nice pack for the Punch and even at that low price at one time.

If I were serious on a cam it would be a better model.
Old Jan 27, 2008, 2:31 AM   #8

Hi.

Both DMX and VPC are the same except that DMX is for the Domestic Market (DMX). Meaning for Japan use.

I owe a DMX-HD1000 which I got Japanese Colleague to buy from Japan. The difference I found so far between the DMX and VPC versions are :

1) Screen LanguageONLY Japanese language option for DMX

2) Software that comes with the DMX model are Japanese versions

3) DMX models come with D-Terminal Cable while the VPC (depending which model you getting) comes with Component cable (some VPC models includes HDMI cables).

That's what I know so far.

I can read simple Japanese, so the DMX model is still OK for me.

Good luck!
vacuum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 27, 2008, 11:32 AM   #9

vacuum wrote:
Quote:
Hi.

Both DMX and VPC are the same except that DMX is for the Domestic Market (DMX). Meaning for Japan use.

I owe a DMX-HD1000 which I got Japanese Colleague to buy from Japan. The difference I found so far between the DMX and VPC versions are :

3) DMX models come with D-Terminal Cable while the VPC (depending which model you getting) comes with Component cable (some VPC models includes HDMI cables).

Good luck!
Many thanks for your replies.

I had a feeling the DMX was the Japanese version, but as his discription states DMX/VPC it may be just a way to help people find his auction. I have sent an email to clarify. My Japanese is not existant lol, but would love to learn

It states that a UK lead is supplied, so I am hoping that it is a UK model. Also in the included accessories it states a 2GB SD card, which again I have asked for clairifcation, is in addition to the 8GB/HDMI lead he is supplying.

I will let you know if I get a reply :|
Old Jan 27, 2008, 12:01 PM   #10

We be very happy to tell you anything you want to hear? sanyo caters to theCountrys English page I tells you american users, canadian, and russian

PcT is a symbol for russian, speical instructions are for other languages.

Ebay is not an offical Sanyo site , research at sanyo.com wish you luck.

renpriv wrote:
Quote:
vacuum wrote:
Quote:
Hi.

Good luck!
Many thanks for your replies.

I had a feeling the DMX was the Japanese version, but as his discription states DMX/VPC it may be just a way to help people find his auction. I have sent an email to clarify. My Japanese is not existant lol, but would love to learn

It states that a UK lead is supplied, so I am hoping that it is a UK model. Also in the included accessories it states a 2GB SD card, which again I have asked for clairifcation, is in addition to the 8GB/HDMI lead he is supplying.

I will let you know if I get a reply :|