Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Sanyo

Old Feb 6, 2008, 5:20 PM   #1

What's better software is there (faster) for transcoding the MP4 video from the HD1000 to burn to a video DVD?
Wiz33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Feb 13, 2008, 11:44 PM   #2

I dont undesrstand this, however I'm seeing more of this type of question frequently now.

DVDs have a maximum resolution of 720x480, your hd1000 when in progressive mode shoots at 1280x720. My quesion is, why on earth did (you and everyone esle who's been asking this same question you are asking) you go out and purchase an HD camcorder if you only want to turn those HD files back into old low resolution DVD files?????

You could have saved yourself a lot of money buy buying a regular camcorder where you could copy files directly only a DVD.

I purchased an HD cam because I wanted to see things in better details, so I would never dare convert that sharp HD picture back to the old format. But that's just me : )
helriser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 13, 2008, 11:44 PM   #3

I dont undesrstand this, however I'm seeing more of this type of question frequently now.

DVDs have a maximum resolution of 720x480, your hd1000 when in progressive mode shoots at 1280x720. My quesion is, why on earth did (you and everyone esle who's been asking this same question you are asking) you go out and purchase an HD camcorder if you only want to turn those HD files back into old low resolution DVD files?????

You could have saved yourself a lot of money buy buying a regular camcorder where you could copy files directly only a DVD.

I purchased an HD cam because I wanted to see things in better details, so I would never dare convert that sharp HD picture back to the old format. But that's just me : )
helriser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 14, 2008, 3:00 PM   #4

In all fairness Wiz could simply be asking how to burn HD content to a standard DVD. As we all know HD content can be burned to a regular DVD and played in an HD player. A large number of homes these days have either an XBox 360 or PS3 so a lot of people already have the ability to view hi-def content on a standard DVD which is an interim solution till the price of hi-def burners come down.

Rev.
Rev2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 22, 2008, 3:56 PM   #5

helriser wrote:
Quote:

I have this same question, and I'll explain to you why.

I am a gadget geek. I have kids. I would like to go ahead and capture video in a higher quality format. Additionall, I have a PS3. Whenever I play back video, I either play it back on my PS3 or directly off of the camera. It works great.

I also have parents. They do NOT have a PS3. They do NOT have this camera. They would, however, like to see video of their grandkids.

Therefore I would like to know a relatively easy/quick method to transcode the video to DVD. Is that acceptable to you?
SilentBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 23, 2008, 8:12 AM   #6

You can use Nero 8. It will transcode your MP4 files to standard DVD video. There's a fully functioning free trial you can download from Nero.com

Rev.
Rev2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 24, 2008, 1:43 AM   #7

Thanks for the tip, I haven't tried Nero 8, 7 wasn't very cooperative with me.

But since posting, I actually tried the new version of VSO ConvertXtoDVD and it worked quite well.. I had tried with ver 2 when I first got the camera, but it choked.

TBH, I'm not sure if ver 3 fixed the problem, or if getting the codecs loaded directly onto my computer helped things, but either way, it is a pretty easy quick process, so for anyone else who is looking for a similar solution, give it a try. It is a free trial, it just embeds a watermark on the DVD until you register it, but you can definitely figure out if it works for you.
SilentBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 10, 2008, 9:11 AM   #8
arp

I tried VSO ConvertXtoDVD and like very much... special wall template that is like Xacti player function!

But at first experience have a problem with sync audio!

Somebody has this problem?

Thanks
arp is offline   Reply With Quote