Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Sanyo

Old Feb 12, 2008, 1:01 PM   #1
MFK

Newbie here! :? (I previously posted this topic under a mis-spelled title that was confusing)

I have spent some time reviewing the posts on this camera. I am impressed. I will probably buy one in the next few weeks but I have a question.

If I don't want to burn the HD videos to DVD but I do want to show them on my 720p 52 inch DLP, is there a way to off load the vids from the SDHC card to a hard drive and then show them on the DLP. I am hypothecating here. Perhaps someone has found a solution better than this. If anyone has a step by step solution to getting the HD vids off the camera so that they can be stored and shown, I'd love to read it. I understand that there is something calledthe "library" associated with theHD 1000. How does this function work, especially in conjunction withmy question above?

Thanks!!

MFK is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Feb 13, 2008, 8:55 AM   #2

well the library funstion works exactly as you described, copy files from the camera to an external hdd (connected to the docking station). You can then view the stored files easily through the camera connected to the tv. It works very well. You can copy the files to and from the HDD and camera

You can download the library user guide on the sanyo website but its pretty much as I described above.
TheTurk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 13, 2008, 12:56 PM   #3
MFK

Thanks,Turk.

I finally found the manual aboutthe Library Functionand read it in some detail. It appears to be a fairly good solution to not having a BLue Ray or HD HiDef player and/ or burner. I guess my only worry is loss of data on the HDD. But I also guess that the only solution to that is to have redundancy with a mirror HDD drive.

I own Nero Ultra and have followed some of the discussions about burning HiDef disks with that software. Do I understand correctly that one can burn the video files on the SDHC card and/or HDD disk to a HiDef DVD movie using Nero Ultra (assuming that I have a pc computer capable of handling the task?) And in this way I would have at least the HiDef DVD disk available to play (and as a backup) on a HiDef player in the future?
MFK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 14, 2008, 3:38 AM   #4

If you have a HD DVD writer yes, but you can create a HD file alright and when the writers become cheaper then you could burn them to a disc.
TheTurk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 14, 2008, 5:02 AM   #5
zod

MFK wrote:
Quote:
I finally found the manual aboutthe Library Functionand read it in some detail. It appears to be a fairly good solution to not having a BLue Ray or HD HiDef player and/ or burner. I guess my only worry is loss of data on the HDD. But I also guess that the only solution to that is to have redundancy with a mirror HDD drive.

I own Nero Ultra and have followed some of the discussions about burning HiDef disks with that software. Do I understand correctly that one can burn the video files on the SDHC card and/or HDD disk to a HiDef DVD movie using Nero Ultra (assuming that I have a pc computer capable of handling the task?) And in this way I would have at least the HiDef DVD disk available to play (and as a backup) on a HiDef player in the future?
Library Function works great and is fast and easy. All you need to do is attach dockingstation to TV and external Harddisk. External harddisk has to be USB 2.0 and must be FAT32 format. What i do for backup and editing/burning is making a copy of the original HD1000 footage on my computer.I do thisby connecting the HD1000 to the computerwith aUSB 2.0 cable (HD1000 will be seen as a drive) or by putting my Transcend 8Gb card in my small Transcend card reader. The card reader fits in a USB 2.0 port and will be seen as a drive by the computer. Offcourse you can also connect the external Harddisk to your computer and copy files.

As you may have seen in the big HD1000 thread i am the guy whoworks with Nero8 for basicnative editing and burning of HD1000 footage (also 1080i).Forall details please look over there. Asfor your specific question here: when you have copied the original HD1000 files to your computer you can burn them to a normal DVD with a normal DVD writer using Nero. Use Nero Express, write data disk. This way you have another backup and I found out that the files could be played by my PS3 (software version 2.0) right from the disk. In the latest software versionfor PS3 Sony somehow f*ck*d that up, so now i have to copy the files fm theDVD to the PS3 harddisk before i can play them.
zod is offline   Reply With Quote