Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Sanyo

Old Mar 20, 2008, 11:53 AM   #31

I will indeed not forget to post my videos :-)

I went to NewEgg and noticed the price were cheaper, when I was purchasing from B&H, but as I was paying for the shipping for the camera from B&H, the difference was not so significant. Anyways, I am already using Euros to pay, so it's already Cheap to buy in USD :-)

I believe the maximum allowed card is 8GB for the HD1000, isn't it? Would a 16GB SDHC card work as well?

By the way, I find that vimeo is a great place to share the HD videos we make. Do you know any other website that allows HD video ?
GillouStyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 20, 2008, 12:04 PM   #32

GillouStyle wrote:
Quote:
I believe the maximum allowed card is 8GB for the HD1000, isn't it? Would a 16GB SDHC card work as well?
No, 16gig cards work perfectly fine in it. I've been using mine with no problem and it reports the full formatted size of 14.9gb. It shows 2 hours 48 minutes or so recording time in FullHD.The HD1000 supports SDHC cards so theoretically it should also handle the 32gb cards once they're finally released which is supposed to be really soon.

Vimeo is a pretty cool site but the motion of all the videos I've seen on it look mildly jerky. I've read somewhere online that the reason is Vimeo re-encodes all uploaded videos to 24 frames per second and that's why the motion gets jerky. Don't know if that's really true though.

Rev.
Rev2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 20, 2008, 12:38 PM   #33

I have read on the vimeo website that they re-encode to 30fps if its 60fps. People seemed very happy about that new feature, so it looks like things have changed recently on their side to avoid jerky videos.

Ok, all the reviews talk about 8GB.. I guess they should have been updated once the 16GB cards went out ... Oh well.

I have an Intel Core 2 Duo 2.4 Ghz iMac with 2GB of ram. What do you guys use for your videos? How do you export the video after editing it?
GillouStyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 20, 2008, 2:31 PM   #34

I use a new HP desktop: Quadcore w/512 Mb video card and 2 GBs of RAM running Windows Vista Ultimate Service Pack 1. I use Sony Vegas 8 Platinum ($60 from Amazon) to convert the .mp4s into .avi. Once the files are in .avi I use Adobe Premium CS3 to do the editing. I've outputted to flash as well as .wmv.
scottpet is offline   Reply With Quote