Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Sanyo

Old Mar 5, 2008, 1:25 AM   #11

fishe so refurbished is not refurbished. It is used; from any third party who says it is refurbished? I always thought refurbished meant it was from the manufacturer or an authorized repair center. I bought my HD2 refurbished from Techforless. Everything was fine but I did not get the disks. I asked and they said they were out of stock. I liked the camera and told them I would keep it and contacted Sanyo support. They sent me copies, on burned cds, of the programs. I'm satisfied but that was wierd. Now refurbished meant missing parts and a return as the only option. All the refurbished models have disappeared from Amazon. Did my comments start a run on them? That would indeed seem funny. I played with the camera and really liked it, but if refurbished doesn't mean refurbished then what does it mean?
geralda590 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 5, 2008, 5:25 AM   #12

again

refurbished

you purchase a new item you return . they send to Sanyo, they stress test it, repair it sell as refurbished

only Sanyo would swap out refurbished units, if you ask me. any outsider will probably pass it as used, and by reading this topic with parts wrong that is what I think has happened a 4th party sold you a used item
fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 5, 2008, 4:26 PM   #13

I too just purchased my HD700 from Amazon refurbished for $238. Everything was in excellent condition. The description on Amazon said the box was damaged but the box I received looked perfect. All the cables, manuals, and software were still in their original sealed packages and have never been opened. The HD700 itself was perfect, it doesn't even look like its been used before. It was sold by Amazon warehouse which says it was a subsidiary of Amazon and had really great customer comments for sales. My friend wanted to buy one refurbished from Amazon but it looks like they are all out of stock now.

On a side note, I took a 30 minute HD video and had Adobe Premier Elements 3.0 convert and burn it to a DVD. I have a quad core 2.4 Ghz machine, 2 GB of RAM, and the machine is only 4 months oldand it took almost 8 hours to finish the DVD. When I watch the performance using task manager all 4 CPU's are only utilizing about 40%, I am wondering why its not hitting it hard and should show 100% of all CUP's and get the job done quick. Has anyone else had this issue, or what am I doing wrong?

Thanks
l8nighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 5, 2008, 5:41 PM   #14

Interesting.... my refurb was also listed as "slight damage to the box" and I too could not find any damage. And the contents seemed to be factory sealed as well.

I have a 3GHz core 2 Duo with 4GB RAM and on mine the CPUs are about 55% utilized during a render. They get close to 100% on other tasks in other software, so I know they can do it. From what I have read, the routines to deal with multiple cores are still in their infancy and the cores are not well utilized in many software titles. Maybe there will be updates forthcoming......

Paul
paulgoelz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 6, 2008, 2:49 AM   #15

Thank you all for your comments. I have bought 4 Sanyos now and liked everyone more than my last. I was really looking forward to the hd 700 since it was equivalent to my my hd2 but met my desires better. Now there are no refurbished models or any at close to the price but if I had kept the one I had I would have to find a docking station and power supply. These cameras are fantastic for their size, so I continue to look forward to the next improvements for a good price. I want a camera that fits easily in my pocket and takes the long decent videos and pictures that Sanyos do. Sanyo from from the C1 has never disappointed me. Every Sanyo I have purchased is still in use.:a C1, a C5, a C6, and my HD2, and I look forward to every new Sanyo too. Canon, Aiptec, Sony seem unable or unwilling to produce anything close.
geralda590 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 6, 2008, 6:56 PM   #16
arp

geralda590 wrote:
Quote:
Thank you all for your comments. I have bought 4 Sanyos now and liked everyone more than my last. I was really looking forward to the hd 700 since it was equivalent to my my hd2 but met my desires better. Now there are no refurbished models or any at close to the price but if I had kept the one I had I would have to find a docking station and power supply. These cameras are fantastic for their size, so I continue to look forward to the next improvements for a good price. I want a camera that fits easily in my pocket and takes the long decent videos and pictures that Sanyos do. Sanyo from from the C1 has never disappointed me. Every Sanyo I have purchased is still in use.:a C1, a C5, a C6, and my HD2, and I look forward to every new Sanyo too. Canon, Aiptec, Sony seem unable or unwilling to produce anything close.
Hi, Can you tell me if HD700 is much better than C6. I like C6 size, much better than HD700!

Someone tell me that C6 have better quality in low light... its realy?

Thanks

arp is offline   Reply With Quote