Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Sanyo

Old Mar 3, 2008, 1:59 AM   #1

I ordered one of the brown refurbished HD700's. I got it the next day. Great. I compared it to my HD2 and liked the form factor, and what seemed better features for my use ---the flash doesn't pop up in my pocket, face chaser. better codec? and definately mor accurate joystick. for $238 a great deal. Then I noticed the soft pouch was missing---no big deal. The power supply was missing---big deal. and I got a stand that didn't fit. The stand was labelled HD1000. First I want to complain about the clutz who bought the camera and an HD1000 and kept the 1000 but sent the 700 back withe the wrong stand and minus the power supply and soft pouch. Then I want to commend Amazon for quick shipping, good response to my complaint---but I am still not happy---I had to return it. And finally I wish to commend Sanyo for a product that is more pocketable than the HD2---but opinions as to this may vary. I am not sure I dare try for a refurbished again, but I also am not sure this is enough closer to my desires to justify spending more. What exactly and who exactly is the refubisher at Amazon? Disappointed.
geralda590 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Mar 3, 2008, 7:53 AM   #2

I can't tell you what the refurb process is at Amazon but I can tell you that the one I bought several weeks ago was perfect in every way with everything present and accounted for. Since Amazon stands behind it, I would not hesitate to try a refurb again.

Paul
paulgoelz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 3, 2008, 8:53 AM   #3

It is a pity they would not ship outside USA.

Otherwise I would have bought another one.
celsius2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 3, 2008, 5:33 PM   #4

Where are the refurbished 700's on amazon? I can only see new and used. And the used are over $300. I would love to get one for $238!
evil_attorney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 4, 2008, 12:37 AM   #5

Click on new and used. A page opens and you can pick a section or go down the page. There are three colors of this camera. The refurb prices are different on pages for each color. If you want to see them all. go back to the first page and in the box at the top. change from one color to the next each time and you will see different new and used from prices for each color. The current prices are up from last week for brown.
geralda590 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 4, 2008, 5:28 AM   #6

That person who is selling is to blame and not good for bussiness I would have called Sanyo worked out a deal with them if all was in order explain the problem as well to Amazon replace all m.i.a parts but hey return refunded and happy again glad to hear
fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 4, 2008, 11:39 AM   #7

geralda590 wrote:
Quote:
Click on new and used. A page opens and you can pick a section or go down the page. There are three colors of this camera. The refurb prices are different on pages for each color. If you want to see them all. go back to the first page and in the box at the top. change from one color to the next each time and you will see different new and used from prices for each color. The current prices are up from last week for brown.
My understanding is that there is a difference between used and refurbished. I thought these were "used", as in someone bought and used the camera, then is trying to sell it again with no warranty. I thought refurbished is when a camera has problems and is sent back to the manufacture for minor repair and is resold with the original warranty. Am I wrong?
Old Mar 4, 2008, 3:41 PM   #8

used is exactly sold as, taking chances.

refurbished is inspector passed making the cam or item even better.Having wrong parts was some ones doing not the company

Amazon is not the seller but a third or even fourth party

evil_attorney wrote:
Quote:
geralda590 wrote:
Quote:
My understanding is that there is a difference between used and refurbished. I thought these were "used", as in someone bought and used the camera, then is trying to sell it again with no warranty. I thought refurbished is when a camera has problems and is sent back to the manufacture for minor repair and is resold with the original warranty. Am I wrong?
Old Mar 4, 2008, 3:45 PM   #9

That's what I thought. So Amazon does not sell any refurbished HD700's. Is there any place that does?
Old Mar 4, 2008, 6:40 PM   #10

Amazon is just a Middle person, from time to time, you'll see refurbished pricing, and when you do, it can be from a person like you , nad me. or even a legit store.

As I just taken a look there are none available. youmust check in from time to time. this is how some of us gotthe great low price, and soon after still a great low pricing.

Little, to most hve returned these models and htat was one reason there wasa refurbished pric.

you may want to contact Sayo themselves for open items?

evil_attorney wrote:
Quote:
That's what I thought. So Amazon does not sell any refurbished HD700's. Is there any place that does?