Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Sanyo

Old Mar 10, 2008, 11:01 AM   #1
arp

Hi,

I have a C6 about 2 years. Like very much this little cam but have some problems: poor low light performance and poor flash.

Now I'm thinking upgrade to HD700 but not sure about improvements in these C6 problems: low light and flash performance. Some reviews refer that HD700 is worse than C6 in low light! It's realy?

There HD700 much better than C6?

Buy HD700 now or stay with C6 until new Xacti models?

Thanks
arp is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Mar 11, 2008, 9:55 AM   #2

Hi Arp,

I've done this exchange (C6 to HD700) at Thanksgiving 2007 when Amazon's price for brand new HD700 was $299 and I've got chance to sell my "old" C6 for $200!
I'm happy with my new camera but now I have to replace my 4 years old PC because the editing processis a nightmare.
This is why I mostly use my new camera in SD-HQ video mode.
Low light performance of HD700 is definitely better than C6 but not perfect.
I have some quality issues with indoor stills but it's OK for now.
And I feel I need more than 5x optical zoom - so think about HD1000 if zoom is important for you.

And remember one of my rules for electronics buyer: thing becomes old not when you've bought it but when you've just started thinking about it.

Therefore don't wait - just buy and try!

FZKAP

FZKAP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 11, 2008, 10:48 AM   #3
arp

Hi FZCAP,

Many thanks for your reply!

I saw, you are hapy with exchange C6 for HD700, but HD700 is much more bulk than C6 right? You feel the diference in your pocket?

One more thing that don't like is HD700 can't plug directly to TV... you must carry cradle... C6 have a little adaptor so you can go and plug to any AV/RCA TV.

Video quality is realy much better than C6 or so so??? And flash range?

Buy HD700 for $299 and sell C6 for $200 was excelent deal!!!

Regards
Old Mar 11, 2008, 2:34 PM   #4

Arp,

1. I'm XXL guy so HD700 still nice fit to my pockets. You can buy the neck strap if your pockets are smaller. From other hand I hold HD700 in my hand much more comfortable than C6.

2. My main approach is to create "normal" DVD movie off my shootage, I never even tried to watch "raw" MP4s on TV this is why HD700 TV "pluggability" not an issue for me. Much more important for me is to find good video editor which can handle MP4 H.264 which can use the same format for output.

3. Video quality of HD700 really better especially for low light performance but again it isn't perfect. High level Sony and Canon cameras do it much better. But the quality is enough for me. And you can buy lights - see topic on the top of the Steve's page.

4. I didn't feel any difference how the flash for HD700 and C6 works but I'm mostly videographer than photographer. So may be I'm wrong.

5. And finally I didn't check Amazon today but even yesterday you could buy brown recertified HD700 for $269 there...

FZKAP

FZKAP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 12, 2008, 12:17 PM   #5
arp

Thanks!

Anybody have this two cameras (C6 and HD700) than can write someting to help me? Change or not now?

Thanks