Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Sanyo

Old May 7, 2008, 5:32 AM   #11

I am using Cyberlink PowerDirector as a converter from mp4 to m2t or mpeg with same resolution and same quality but with dubble file size but it doesn't matter what size it is....i'm using Vegas 8 for other stuff....Vegas 8 also can open the mp4 file but it's sooooo slow that i couldn't work with it...so this is my solution.
mijanous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 9, 2008, 11:57 AM   #12

Folks,

It looks like I've found what I want.

This is freeware software
"
SUPER © Simplified Universal Player Encoder & Renderer"
from
http://www.erightsoft.com/Superdc.html

It has a lot of parameters and very userfriendly.
I'll inform you which parameters are the best for me later.

FZKAP

FZKAP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 9, 2008, 2:17 PM   #13

Folks,

Here is the set of parameters for SUPER which downgrade our HD700's MP4 h.264 to "normal" MP4 which works fine for me:
- Output contanier - MP4;
- Output Video Codec - MPEG-4;
- Output Audio Codec - AAC;
- Encoder - ffmpeg;
- DirectShow Decode - checked;
- Video Scale Size - 720x480;
- Aspect - 16:9;
- Frame/sec - 29.97;
- Bit rate - 6000;
- Audio sampling/freq - 44100;
- Channels - 2;
- Bitrate - 192;
After downgrade new MP4 files can be ported in any VideoEditor?MovieMaking program for DVD creation.
SUPER works pretty fast and clear!

FZKAP

Old Oct 2, 2008, 5:18 PM   #14

winff is much more powerfull
Cresho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 3, 2008, 9:58 AM   #15

Cresho,

I'm not sure you're right.
Just take a look:

http://www.biggmatt.com/forums/index...&board=1.0

I have very good experience with SUPER © - so far I've converted about 15GB of the HD700 clips with no problem at all.

FZKAP

Old Oct 3, 2008, 10:44 AM   #16

just let people know about super's issues......sort of... like system32 files being overwritten and such. I sent you a private message as well.

I saw the winff forums. It was no help. These guys are trying to use dated command lines. The truth is that ffmpeg and mencoder are changing the way you input the commands. So when one of the softwares spits out a command, ffmpeg farts!

super and winff are just front ends for mencoder and ffmpeg. I just preffer the command line because I understand it better.

super is geared towards newbies and winff is geared towards advanced video usage! I'll probably register in there forums and help out the ones who need it. I just don't have time. I have no issues with it since I create my own command lines.

here is one I use to convert my videos to my zaurus c3200 which runs ffmpeg under kino.

xacti video to zaurus for winff command
-r 24 -vcodec xvid -s 320x180 -aspect 16:9 -maxrate 600k -acodec mp3 -ab 128k -ac 2 -ar 44100

xacti video for avidemux command
-vcodec copy -acodec mp3 -ab 160k -ac 2 -ar 44100

cinelerra to avidemux command
-r 59.941 -vcodec xvid -s 1280x720 -aspect 16:9 -b 16000k -acodec mp3 -ab 160k -ac 2 -ar 48000

xvid ipod
-r 29.97 -croptop 58 -cropbottom 62 -vcodec xvid -s 640x272 -aspect 2.35 -maxrate 1500k -b 1250k -qmin 3 -qmax 5 -bufsize 4096 -mbd 2 -flags +4mv+trell -aic 2 -cmp 2 -subcmp 2 -g 300 -acodec aac -ar 48000 -ab 80k -ac 2

See? simple stuff! In front end gui, IT is very limited due to the input of the gui's set paramaters. With command lines, you can string MANY MANY MANY options more than anything a GUI can do. It is way more powerful!

here is a link to the applications that use ffmpeg..super and winff are in there

http://ffmpeg.mplayerhq.hu/projects.html

here is the ffmpeg if you want to use the cmd command from run and just type away. Super is limited because you have a gui with set controls. WinFF is not limited because you can string your commands and save it. after setting up my initial commands one time. I can just drag and drop all the files, select avi, then select title of the string like....to zaurus....and bam its done and no need to tinker.

Here is a simple guide link in creating commands.
http://ffmpeg.mplayerhq.hu/ffmpeg-doc.html

Happy hunting :|
Cresho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 29, 2008, 8:38 AM   #17

Great stuff and I for oneam certainly glad you've shared this with everyone.

Now I used to program and design /build information systems so understand your viewpoint completely. GUIs really clutter things up once you know what you're doing and as you say command line input can be very powerful and packaged for certain tasks.

This is great but when you use something infrequently or don't want to become a systems engineer for all of these technologies you need to have a well designed intuitive interface. Unfortunately that doesn't happen too often these days and there are ways to design a GIU front end with all the same power with a better yet context help system and decent documentation. This costs real money.

At a holiday dinner or some other event plus a glass of vino I just don't want to spend a couple of hours trying to figure this stuff out. Most of us either really need or just plain want help. You know, the EASY button. :>

Once that arrives in a great piece of software please let us know.

From what I gather, for now all the software has some issues with this compression format and you've given us technical workaround.

I hope you can keep up the great work. I look forward to trying this stuff out soon.

Bob S.

staats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 29, 2008, 10:14 AM   #18

Hi Staats,

As you could see the above I used to use such "system ingenering" to make the convertion to DVD done well. Cresho has warned the community about some security issues in "my" technology (special thanks to him for that!) and has recommended another one with winff utility.
Now I'm proud to annonce the another "my" technology which is very simple and may be is right for you too. That is:

Use video mode 640x480!

Even the fact that HD700 records 640x480 in MP4 H.264 doesn't bring the serious problems to my 5-years old PC to edit it and create good video.
I can say even more (which is my personal opinion): this mode bring more information in the frame that HD resolution. I can't explain my opinion and clearly understand that it looks like crazy... But it works for me.
And I have 5 TV at home - 3 of them including the main one are old ones with 4:3 screen. Most of my movie viewers also have 4:3. That's why I'm happy with this "my" new solution.

FZKAP