Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Sanyo

Old Apr 1, 2008, 2:00 PM   #1

I recently got a Xacti CA65 (pretty pleased with it BTW), and out of curiosity, I took a couple of movies (in SHQ mode) and tried to put them on my 8gb video Ipod Nano.

Itunes allowed me to add the movies to it, however when I tried to put them onto my ipod it wouldn't let me, saying the file 'cannot be played on this Ipod'.

Is the bit rate for files from the Xacti's too high? As I'd read that files were the same format and should be able to put on them. I even tried renaming the files to .m4v, but this didn't help.

Its not a major issue, but I'd like to try and understand why this doesn't work.

Many thanks for any help

Vince
vincesd is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Apr 1, 2008, 2:40 PM   #2

You probably have to re-render it under a lower resolution that the iPod can handle.

Rev.
Rev2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 1, 2008, 3:26 PM   #3

Thanks for the tip, I just tried movies at normal HQ and SWeb settings, both of these went over fine, so it must be the bit rate at SHQ is just too high, worthwhile remembering for the future, especially as a lot of my videos end up on blogs rather than DVD's these days, there's not so much urgency of recording at SHQ quality!

Thanks again

Vince
vincesd is offline   Reply With Quote