Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Sanyo

Old Apr 15, 2008, 2:05 AM   #1

Hi Guys

I have the cg-65 and totally value all the advice on this forum.
Does anyone know how to change focus manually whilst it is recording a movie, or if this is even possible in the other HD models?
I love the small depth of field you can get by zooming right in and manually focusing on close object; I would love to be able to change focus from foreground to background. Possibly asking too much from an already awesome gadet?
lafayette is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Apr 24, 2008, 1:43 AM   #2

The CG65 does have a manual focus control. I just tried it, and I can't get it to work while shooting video.
sgspirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 1, 2008, 3:27 AM   #3

Just tested this on my CG65. Couldn't adjust the manual focus while recording either.

But, I tried the Macro mode + locking/unlocking it on different subjects while recording. Not a true rack, but is something.

http://s3dl.com/cg65_focus/

If you can't see anything, you probably need the latest flash player plugin to see embedded h264 MP4 files.
subc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 1, 2008, 10:47 PM   #4

I could see the .mp4 files ok, but Cyberlink PowerDirector 5 would only load a few of them into the timeline before crashing. I bought a copy of Adobe Premier Elements 4, and it couldn't even load them into the project library even though it's supposed to be compatible with H.264 files.

So I used Prism to convert them to DivX .avi files, and PowerDirector can handle them now. Then I was having a lot of trouble with total loss of sync between the video and added .wma files recorded on my Digilife DDV-730. First time I've had trouble doing that. Eventually I fixed that by replacing the 730's .wma's with wma's from somewhere else. I'm going to try converting the 730's wma's because I'd like to use them for the movie, but they're not essential.
Old May 2, 2008, 3:32 AM   #5

sgspirit wrote:
Quote:
I could see the .mp4 files ok, but Cyberlink PowerDirector 5 would only load a few of them into the timeline before crashing.* I bought a copy of Adobe Premier Elements 4, and it couldn't even load them into the project library even though it's supposed to be compatible with H.264 files.

So I used Prism to convert them to DivX .avi files, and PowerDirector can handle them now.* Then I was having a lot of trouble with total loss of sync between the video and added .wma files recorded on my Digilife DDV-730.* First time I've had trouble doing that.* Eventually I fixed that by replacing the 730's .wma's with wma's from somewhere else.* I'm going to try converting the 730's wma's because I'd like to use them for the movie, but they're not essential.
lol, what are you talking about again? :G
wasn't this thread about rack focus?
subc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 3, 2008, 2:53 PM   #6

Oops, I misunderstood your question. My fault.