Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Sanyo

Old Apr 26, 2008, 10:48 AM   #1

Hi everyone,

Just purchased one of these off ebay new for $250. My mate has a HD 700 and I'm just wondering is my camera a descent camera, because afterswards I found out that my camera is actually out on the market for the past couple of years? I will use it maybe for the HD home movies as the still camera doesn't bother me at all.

Also, I got the loan of the HD 700 and thought the quality is brilliant especially outdoors and the files weren't that big (MP4). But when I joined a few files together in Elements 4 with transitions and saved it, the file was like nearly 900MB for 8 or 9 mins. Is there a way of maybe just joining MP4 files together with/without transitions & music maybe?

Thank you in advance
Antirip is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Apr 26, 2008, 11:20 AM   #2

The hd1a uses mpeg4 whereas the hd700 uses mpeg4 h.264 standard which generally equals 1/3 more recording space. 5x optical lens on the hd700 where as the hd1a has 10x if memory serves me correctly.
In normal light the hd1a is suppose to be fine but had issues in low light, but many people do not like the low light performance of the hd700 too so I doubt if your losing out on too much. Simple editing can be done with the hd700 itself but I do not know if the hd1a can though.
herbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 26, 2008, 11:53 AM   #3

Thanks for the reply herbs
Antirip is offline   Reply With Quote