Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Sanyo

Old Apr 29, 2008, 10:51 AM   #1

*LINK DELETED SINCE THE REVIEW HAS BEEN DELETED*

He says:

"The deal breakers and reason why it is going back is the fact that video recorded in 1080i will not playback on the current version of Quicktime; in addition since H.264 AVCHD will not playback on WMPlayer 11 period I have to move from a platform I am used to."

Man, why is it people can't ask around before posting reviews like this? Why is it people aren't awareOS's don't come withevery codec under theSun but they can still be downloaded?

Rev.
Rev2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Apr 29, 2008, 1:03 PM   #2

Rev2010 wrote:

Man, why is it people can't ask around before posting reviews like this? Why is it people aren't aware¬*OS's don't come with¬*every codec under the¬*Sun but they can still be downloaded?

Rev.
[/quote]

Agreed.
I see you've already pointed out his lack of research :-)

I suppose that's why it's vital to read as many respected forums as possible to make an informed decision.

There are often many more forum readers than posters, so perhaps some are a bit nervous asking what they may consider a daft question. Luckily the contributors here seem restrained in their replies & helpful to beginners.
tvjohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 29, 2008, 2:17 PM   #3

Not to mention I totally prefer 720p anyway, I never shoot 1080i.
Taynt3d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 29, 2008, 2:23 PM   #4

It just irks me when people post misinformation like that when the answer was a few clicks or a Google search away. When I first popped my vids in my PC they would play through Quicktime but not Media Player. I said, "OK, let me Google search for .MP4 Codec" and lo and behold I had one in minutes. The video editing software is a more time consuming voyage of discovery however. I tried a number of them and the only one that did everything I wanted was Vegas, and luckily I am very happy to use it. But boy oh boy some people just can't handle if it doesn't work right away! :?

Rev.
Old Apr 29, 2008, 4:59 PM   #5

Taynt3d wrote:
Quote:
There is significantly higher resolution available from the HD1000 in 1080i. You can see it in the pixellation of characters on the resolution charts.

Of course, you trade that off against the interlacing artifacts...

Trevmar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 29, 2008, 6:18 PM   #6

Trevmar wrote:
Quote:
Taynt3d wrote:
Quote:
There is significantly higher resolution available from the HD1000 in 1080i. You can see it in the pixellation of characters on the resolution charts.

Of course, you trade that off against the interlacing artifacts...
Like I said, I prefer 720p, and I'm no stranger to video formats. To each his own, but I prefer progressive scan and when down-rezzing for the web, 1280x720 cuts down to a very nice 640x360 (or 640x480 letterboxed) with a perfect halving of the resolution, which makes for faster and nicer-looking down-rezzed renders.
Taynt3d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 29, 2008, 7:01 PM   #7

I use both. I prefer the higher res of 1920x1080 and use it for the good majority of video I take which is primarily vacation video. However, for any scenes with quick motion, like filming skateboarders, sports, my dogs running around, shooting for web posting,etc I use 720 60p. It will be awesome when the day comes where the common consumer camcorder does 1080 60p!

Rev.
Old May 1, 2008, 1:20 PM   #8

Ha, looks like the guy deleted his review. Maybe he tried the codec pack and realized how silly his comments were :lol: