Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Sanyo

Old Apr 30, 2008, 2:54 PM   #1

Hi,

could somebody please upload somegenuine HD1000 footage on MegaUpload ?

http://www.megaupload.com/

Currently this is the sole and only way to get access to untouched, non re-sampled or re-processed footage. Thanks in advance.
steph_tsf is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Apr 30, 2008, 3:31 PM   #2

Dude... seriously, please don't make any more threads asking people to upload footage!! You already created one, that is sufficient. And, in that one you asked for some specific,pretty time consuming, requirements. Nearly all of us here don't have time to do such a thing. I've posted links to raw footage but none that meet exactly what you wanted. I also have some fantastic Cancun vacation footage but haven't shared as most of it contains either my wife and myself or me acting/talking all silly. So I figured I'd better off not share it.

What are you looking to achieve with these video clips? Are you trying to decide which camera to get?

Rev.
Rev2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 30, 2008, 7:14 PM   #3

Hello Rev2010,

I've just wasted 294.76 eur today buying a DV camcorder Canon MD235 advertized as 16:9 with a 1/6 inch one megapixel CCD gross, 700k pixels effective.

I will return it,that should noproblem as the seller told me I have 7 business days to evaluateand make my final decision.

The Canon MD235 is easy to handle, has a decent zoom without too much aberrations if you stay under ax10 magnification, has a stereo mike input, ... but it is not a real 16:9 machine as it only provides a 720x480 image, this is what Isee when transferring theraw video at 25Mbit/s into myhard disk usingWindows Movie Maker.

I still don't know if I made a mistake using Windows Movie Maker.I was expecting something like 840x480 pixels. Can somebody explain to me ?

The Canon MD235 gets automatically detected by Windows XP (if you eneble WinXP to search for the driver, including over Internet) , and just afteryou can import your footage using Windows Movie Maker.Then you can edit the movie, and finally, you can save it on the hard disk. But at this stage you must specify the format, and if you are lucky you can see a720x480 pixel setting in the drop-down list. I don't know if this is related to the prseence of the Canon MD235, or if this setting is just there, a little bit wrong, maybe, by chance or by mistake. You can also trim the bitrate, I have used the max, which is2 Mbit/s, still not a lot.

So, this way we getacompact WMV videofile that can be viewedusing Microsoft Media Player or SMPLayer or many other video players. But the result isnot 16:9,resolution is poor, andlow light results are poor.This is my personal appreciation, of course.

Canon MD235 footage after MovieMaker at 2Mbit/s :

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=83OSJ00D

As a comparison :Fuji S6500fd footage straight from camera at 9Mbit/s :

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=XCHSD1PV

As a comparison :same Fuji S6500fd footage after Movie Maker at 2 Mbit/s :

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=ITYKTB8A

I now am balancing between the Sanyo Xacti 700 and the Sanyo Xacti 1000.

The reason why I amrecurrently askingto get access to genuine Sanyo Xacti 700 and Sanyo Xacri 1000 footage, is that Iwould like to see the video results and possibly the differencesbetween the HD700 (criticized by some users as "just" HD) and the HD1000. Using genuine footage, like coming from the camcorder.

You havebeen referring to an old post of me, where I was recommending using a tripod, avoiding shakes that mostvideo compression engines don't like. I was also recommending other little things, quite evident for briefly assessing the video quality of a camcorder. You have written that all this is time consuming, and that I should stop asking for this. I you do not want to upload genuine footage,don't do it, nobody is going to put pressure on you. No problem.

Please allow the other members of this communauty,getting access to genuine footage.Please understand there is currently a lot of timewasted indisserting about video quality, without even referring to genuine footage.Let us onlyconsidergenuine footages, andformulatean opinion based on hard facts. Will you agree ?

Really, surely, if you wish to duplicateyourexisting links aboutthe HD1000 genuine footages, on this HD1000 genuine footagethread,many members of this comunauty will appreciate and thank you, including me.

Steph
Old May 1, 2008, 5:02 AM   #4

You can watch my HD1000 footage at http://www.vimeo.com/kingofpunk
kingofpunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 1, 2008, 5:15 AM   #5

Hello kingofpunk,

I've just captured the Route 155 video footage. Unfortunately your footage got re-processed by Vimeo and is now appearing as a 1280x720 Flash Video at 1.252 Mbit/s with 24fps. This is not HD. This is what Gspot (video analysis utility) is saying to me.

Very interesting footage, must say.

If you could post it, untouched at 9 Mbit/s using MegaUpload, that would be fantastic and many users of this forum, me including, will appreciate.

Steph
Old May 1, 2008, 6:13 AM   #6

Some users allow you to download the original files, there is an option on the lower right handside on vimeo to download the file. The site is down at the moment so I cannot check the title listed by kingofpunk.
herbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 1, 2008, 1:16 PM   #7

steph_tsf wrote:
Quote:
You have written that all this is time consuming, and that I should stop asking for this. I you do not want to upload genuine footage,don't do it, nobody is going to put pressure on you. No problem.
I never said stop asking people for footage. I said don't create anymore new threads when you already had one. You created 2 new threads, one for each camera.On topof thatthe titles of these threads make it look like *you* have posted video and are sharing it.

You mentioned my video. Here's a link:

http://forums.steves-digicams.com/fo...mp;forum_id=27

Like I said though, you probably won't get a good idea of the quality with these clips. I went outside on a freezing cold day in a t-shirt to get some quick footage. I didn't realize I'd be so cold that I'd be shaking - you can see how shaky I am when I zoom in and you can hear the wind blowing.

The quality of the video I took on my recent vacation was absolutely amazing - far better than the clips inh my thread. But, as I said, a lot of the video is personal so I haven't shared as I would need to do some editing; my wife doesn't want video of her posted on the net. :roll:

Anyhow, please don't take offense to my post. I understand you really want to see some raw footage. Before buying my camera I searched the net and managed to find a fair amount of raw footage in different resolutions. It just takes time to search for it.

Rev.
Old May 1, 2008, 2:42 PM   #8

Off topic...

Rev,

If you ever get a chance to edit your Cancun footage, can you please post the edited, non wife stuff, for us to see?

I'm going on vacation to Aruba in Sept. with my HD1000 and am really curious what the video will look like in tropical like sun.

Thanks!

www.vimeo.com/stephman
Stephman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 1, 2008, 3:08 PM   #9

Hi Rev2010,

Many many thanks for the link you just mentionned. I was totally unaware that you already did such great job in providing genuine HD1000 footage in several qualities. I agree I should have conducted a more extensive search before posting mythread. Maybe I got fooled by the fact that your HD1000thread got diverted into discussions about PC capabilities end editing software.

Again, thanks.
Old May 1, 2008, 3:52 PM   #10

steph_tsf wrote:
Quote:
Many many thanks for the link you just mentionned. I was totally unaware that you already did such great job in providing genuine HD1000 footage in several qualities.
No problem, glad to be of help. When you posted your first thread I was going to post a link to my thread but saw you want tripod mounted with slow panning and such so I figured you probably wouldn't want to see it.

Stephman and all... I will get some footage from my Cancun trip postedup tonight. I promise.

Rev.