Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Sanyo

Old May 2, 2008, 10:28 AM   #1

***EDIT - The Cancunfootage has been deleted from my hosting account to make room for new footage from my latest Hawaii trip. To view that footage go here:

http://forums.steves-digicams.com/fo...mp;forum_id=27

OK guys, here it is... video from my Cancun trip two months back! Some of these files are quite large with the largest being 422mb. A lot of the footage is of the beach and pool areas of the resort and one of the videos is a 5 minute car ride into town. All these videos are in 1920x1080 interlaced except for the last one which is 720/60p but is filmed from inside a bar so the footage is looking through glass from inside to outside hence the slight bluish tint. I have two great videos, one in 1080i and one in 720/60p, of us walking along the beach but as I mentioned... the wife would prefer I don't share videos with tons of us in them so sorry, I won't be posting them. I also have some great nighttime footage that shows the HD1000 can do very very well in low light when set right but it's the same story I can't share - tons of us in the clips... aaaand we're acting ridiculous cause we're pretty drunk:G Anyhow, all of the video was shot handheld. No tripod or anything and no add ons, just the HD1000 by itself. All of the footage is completely raw out of the camera - no editing or enhancement whatsoever. For absolute best viewing do NOT view on your computer screen but on your HDTV! Interlaced footage on a PC screen looks horrible if your screen isn't *native* 1920x1080 resolution! And nearly all aren't. My hosting service offers good download speed but it's not the fastest out there so if you don't have time to download large files please don't attempt to until you have the time to wait - this helps ease the bandwidth for others downloading.

For newcomers - you need the codec to view these files! You can download a codec pack below but make sure to uncheck the additionalinstalls as they're junk toolbars and stuff.:

http://www.download.com/Media-Player...html?tag=lst-1

SANY0019.MP4 (422.8 MB bytes) => http://www.onlinefilefolder.com/inde...4437a734bf0b8a

SANY0028.MP4 (156.7 MB bytes) => http://www.onlinefilefolder.com/inde...ca3dbb3660199a

SANY0031.MP4 (131.4 MB bytes) => http://www.onlinefilefolder.com/inde...ad177bf46b2a20

SANY0049.MP4 (65.1 MB bytes) => http://www.onlinefilefolder.com/inde...80ac558f6a6a64

SANY0054.MP4 (384.8 MB bytes) => http://www.onlinefilefolder.com/inde...71e9f1bad9a653

SANY0066.MP4 (88.1 MB bytes) => http://www.onlinefilefolder.com/inde...8c1236b509865a

SANY0087.MP4 (207.4 MB bytes) => http://www.onlinefilefolder.com/inde...77f3885981be11

On a final note I'd like to say the best footage I have from the camera is of my wife and I eating our breakfasts, lunches, and dinners. The quality of the close up more "portrait like" video is extremely sharp and literally rivals a lot of the HD quality I see in HDTV programs. But, as I've said several times, the wife would rather I don't plaster her picture all over the net so sadly I can't share it. Let me all know what you guys think of the footage!

Rev.

Rev2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old May 2, 2008, 12:48 PM   #2

Nice videos!! Thank you for sharing!

I just bought the CG9 - will get an HD version later this year.

I'm taking my family to Mexico on a cruise later this month. Will take video using the CG9

and share.
SANYO-CG9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 2, 2008, 12:54 PM   #3

Glad you like 'em! Actually, I too am taking another vacationin three weeks. We're going back to Hawaii (Oahu and Kauai) so you guys can expect some seriously killer video when we get back from that trip

Rev.
Old May 2, 2008, 2:38 PM   #4

Thanks Rev...you da man!

Unfortunately I have to wait to get out of work to download these. Works internet connection is kind of pokey.

Thanks again, I look forward to watching these.
Stephman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 2, 2008, 2:54 PM   #5

Stephman, just make sure you watch them on an HDTV if you can 720 progressive clips look perfect on PC screens but for interlaced it really needs to be a 1920x1080 screen.

Rev.
Old May 2, 2008, 3:17 PM   #6

Will do, I'll pop them in the PS3 sometime this weekend.
Stephman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 3, 2008, 1:20 PM   #7

Hi Rev2010, I've just downloaded the first file. Thisis a 1080i file. Resolution & colour areastonishing. Many thanks !

Twoglitches however : one must have a powerful computer to display it at full speed and one must read it using a software able to de-interlace the image.

I am using a WinXP computer (2.8 GHz Pentium 4 multithreading , 1 GB RAM, nVidia 6200 video adapter on AGP8x) and it is definitively too slow.

As video player, I am using SMPlayer

http://smplayer.berlios.de/downloads.php?tr_lang=en

In SMPLayer you can ask the player to do the de-interlace job : file menu / video / deinterlace. Over there if you have a fast computer you can selectthe Lowpass5 method or if you have a very fast computer, you can select the Yadif(normal) method.

I am interested in knowing whatcomputer is able toplay this video at full speed, anddoing the de-interlace job, either Lowpass5 or Yadif(normal).
steph_tsf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 3, 2008, 2:47 PM   #8

Well, I've played the videos perfectly fine on several machines. One of the one's at work which is an Intel Core2 Duo 1.86ghz w/ 2gigs ram and my home PC which is an Intel QuadCore Q6600 w/2gigs ram. I've played the clips on some other Intel Core2 Duo's as well. Your machine is getting a bit old being a single core, and on top of that you only have 1gig of memory. It also makes a significant difference whether your video card is an actual card in a slot or if it's built into the motherboard. Built-in ones are simply not as powerful.

Regardless, these clips aren't meant to really be viewed on computer monitors as most PC monitors are not 1920x1080 or higher. I actually store all my videos to my Sony PS3's hard drive and watch them through there on my 52" Samsung LCD HDTV. The Xbox 360 also plays these files perfectly fine. I understand the point of editing, but in reality youusually don't need perfectly smooth playback to do editing work on the PC end. And, if you do need perfectly smooth playback you canupgrade toa dual-core or quad-core setup for really cheap these days. When I bought my Q6600 CPU it was $279.00 whichwas already really cheap. Well, now it's down to $219.00 on Newegg.com.

I'm glad you liked the video. The last link is to one that is 720/60p. That should playback fine on your PC - at least I think it should.

Oh, and by the way... I playbackthe videos using Windows Media Player 6.4 - an old version ( like it a lot better). On your PC it is the file named mplayer2.exe.

Rev.
Old May 3, 2008, 7:47 PM   #9

Hi rev2010,

Thanks for the advice about mplayer2. Works in full screen and also supports drag-and-drop. Seems to be able tode-interleave the video using the file menu : View / Options / Mpeg Decoder ... then select one of the de-interlace methods.

But myold Pentium 42.8 GHz dualthread is definitively not powerful enough. With or without de-interlacing enabled in mplayer2, I get the video at about half speed with nasty interlacing effects showing and hiccups in the audio.

Can you confirm that using a core 2 duoPC (or acore 2 quad PC) it is possible to view the HD1000 1080i videoat full speed withoud hiccup WITH de-interlace enabled in mplayer2 ? Normally speaking, if mplayer2 does a nicede-interleave, the HD1000 1080i video should be perfecton any computer monitor, being1440x900 or1366x768 or 1920x1080. Can you check maybe, in function of the two hardwares that you have (home/office) ?

I am quitesurprised to read that the Xbox 360 and Playstation 3 (gaming hardwares) are producing fine results on 1080i footage. Do you confirm that this gaming hardware is also delivering fine resultswhenconnecting a 1366x768 panel or a 1440x900 panel ? Do you get full screen playing ? All without interlacing artifacts ?
steph_tsf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 5, 2008, 11:21 AM   #10

Yes, the video plays back fine when using de-interlacing on my dual-core at work. However, even though playback is perfect, de-interlacing still lends to a not so natural motion. The PS3 and XBox 360 are both really just computersstreamlined specifically for gaming and home entertainment. They both play all my footage, regardless of the mode they were filmed, flawlessly. You have to understand though, when you use a PC monitor that is less than 1920x1080 all 1080 interlaced footage will look bad as the interlacing gets accented. See, when using a monitor that is 1440x900 or1366x768 the computer has to downward interpolate the footage to an odd size (not 1/2 or 1/4).When you do that to interlaced footage the result is horribly noticeable interlacing. So you really need a 1920x1080 or highermonitor or HDTV. There are PC monitors out there that do 1920x1200. Those will play the footage fine, you'll just have thin black bars at the top and bottom, like letterboxing but much smaller. The onlyother way to make it look better on a lower resPC monitor is to deinterlace the footageor view it's playback at 50% it normal size - in Media Player it's View -> Zoom -> 50%. That works since the downward interpolation is doing exactly half it's normal size. So it's the nature of interlacing, not the screen. The absolute best way to view 1080i footage is on a 1920x1080 screen. It'll also look fantastic on higher resolution screens as well. If you're filmingfor PC playback you're best off using 720p if you don't have a monitor that is 1920x1080 or higher.

Rev.