Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Sanyo

Old May 3, 2008, 5:05 AM   #1

Hi,

Just got a CG65 and tried connecting to my TV (via Pioneer 530 DVD Recorder) with the AV composite lead.As per the manual, the camera screen should turn off with the picture appearing on the TV. This is not happening. Checked all my connections, DVD settings etc, all seem ok. Only recently transferred old camcorder footage onto the recorder via the composite connections and works fine. Also, I've checked the camera settings, and its set to PAL tv system. It seems to me that there may be something up with the AV socket in the camera itself? HAs anyone come across this issue before, or is there something else that I need to set up on the camera? ANy suggestions are welcome.:?

Thanks,

John1607
John1607 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old May 4, 2008, 10:01 AM   #2

This is a problem that I have experienced and has shown up on the Internet before. Make sure the AV plug is pushed in all the way. Evan though it appears to be seated properly, it may not be.
derekm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 5, 2008, 10:30 AM   #3

Hi Derekm,

Thanks for your feedbacvk on this. Actually, I realised this myself this morning. After probing between the battery neagtive contact inside the camera and the various points on thelead itself, I found continuity between battery negative andsignal red. That would suggest that one of the output signals was grounded. At this stage, I said to myself, there is no possible way that Sanyo could let something like this out the factory door. Now with the 3.5mm jack removed, I checked for continuity between battery negative and and the second pin in the AV socket, and sure enough this was connected, which of course would dispel my initial finding ofsignal red and battery negative being grounded together. At this stage, I realised that the plug simply wasn't fully 'connected' into the socket. Myconcern was that the fact that the camera is so small, that any undue forces could certainly damage any of the delicate mechanical mechanisms in the camera. Anway, in order to get the jack fully home, I used a bit more force this time, and could feel it 'snap' home. So that was it, it wasn't fully pushed in.

One other thing I have noticed with the lead, is that the 'pin-out' of the AV connectioin system doesn't appear to follow the standard camcorder cable. The standard cable connects (1-4) as Right Audio, Ground, Video, Left Audio. Whereas, the CG65 has Video and Right Audio swapped.

Is there anything else I need to watch out for? I'm hoping that this is the only hurdle I have to overcome. I've looked at alot of reviews and decided on the CG65 on the back of its many good user reviews and experiences.

Once again, thanks for getting back to me so quickly,

John1607 is offline   Reply With Quote