Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Sanyo

Old May 11, 2008, 4:45 PM   #1

Hi All,

Can anyone help me out?

Had my HD1000 for a couple of days and love but have a problem. When I shoot in HD and playback via HDMI cable it works great. When I play the MP4 on my laptop (Dell XPS 1330 Core 2 2.2Ghz 4Gb Ram) I get line during movement, when the picture is still it looks great. Also playback in Sony Vegas is choppy.

Any ideas?

Lee

lwrall is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old May 11, 2008, 8:53 PM   #2

If you're shooting in fullHD, meaning 1920x1080 you will get very noticeable interlacing lines when viewing on most computer monitors as nearly all are lower resolution than 1920x1080. Your laptop screen is likely 1024x768, or 1280x1024, or 1600x1200, etc. If it's resolution is not exactly 1920x1080 you will see interlacing and it will look bad. To view footage shot in 1920x1080 you should play it back on either an HDTV supporting 1920x1080 (simply called 1080) or on a computer monitor supporting 1920x1080 or *higher*. If you don't have a monitor that supports that and absolutely need to view it on your computer with a lower resolution monitor than you you should be shooting your video in 720p.

Rev.
Rev2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 12, 2008, 3:37 AM   #3

Cheers Rev,

If I shoot at 1080is it possible to reduce my vids down to 720 to email etc?

Lee
lwrall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 12, 2008, 3:56 AM   #4

In my opinion the only think you have to do is to enable deinterlacing in videoplayer or videocodec. Perhaps try different players.

ddchesser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 12, 2008, 9:57 AM   #5

ddchesser wrote:
Quote:
In my opinion the only think you have to do is to enable deinterlacing in videoplayer or videocodec. Perhaps try different players.
Yes, that's another option but using de-interlacing lowers the overallquality of the video. It also gives an unnatural look to the motion. In my opinion there's little point to shooting in 1080 if you're going to use a de-interlacing algorithm for anything other than previewing when editing.

Rev.
Rev2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 21, 2008, 1:01 AM   #6

Sanyo HD1000 Low Light Problems

I just bought a HD1000 as an upgrade from my HD1. Biggest complaint with HD1 was poor low light performance. The HD1000 seems a great improvment with low light video..

But, I seem to be having some problems with low light flash aided pictures. The flash does not seem to fire in indoor situations where I think it should. I took some indoor portraits that came out very noisy when the flash did not seem to fire. Any suggestions on settings that might make the flash work better in auto mode? I since set a shortcut to Flash so I can switch to force flash indoors. Do you think it is the difference dropping to the 4MP sensor?
Hotoru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 26, 2008, 9:36 AM   #7

i hit same issue when fist time using this camera.. but affter few hours read it specific.. i find out ..

for flash light ..
you better set it to forced flash then push the capturn button .. please hold it for 1/2 second or more then it will make flash light out...
binhaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 26, 2008, 11:40 AM   #8

binhaus wrote:
Quote:
for flash light ..
you better set it to forced flash then push the capturn button .. please hold it for 1/2 second or more* then it will make flash light out...
Thanks for the info.
So, It seems as though the "auto" flash mode is pretty useless? I set a "shortcut to flash" I will just switch it to forced indoors.

I should probably get an external flash for this thing as the built in one is still pretty anemic. Anyone fine a decent aftermarket flash?
Old May 26, 2008, 11:40 AM   #9

..duplicate