Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Sanyo

Old Sep 2, 2008, 4:02 PM   #11
Administrator

Lots of Xacti accessories can be found here:

http://www.oani.net/cat4_1.htm

steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 11, 2009, 6:55 AM   #12

Hello,

I just bought the Rode Stereo Mic And i am satisfied.
What setting do you use on the HD1000, do you keep the defaults for the external mic volume (3).

Thx in advance,
parisbyday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 24, 2009, 11:20 PM   #13

I just got my Rode Stereo VideoMic for my Xacti HD1000. First impressions are positive but I'm clearly inept at putting the mic directly on the hotshoe mount and securing it in any kind of reasonable time. Worse yet even when I get the mic secured I'm not entirely comofrtable with it up there and wonder how secure it is.

How are you other external mic users attaching your mics to your hotshoe equipped cameras? Are you using a quick release plate or something similar and if so which one? Thanks for any advice you can give.

I'd really love to just leave the mic on the Xacti and travel with it that way but I suppose that isn't really a good thing to do. But if you do that and have no issues could you tell me how you are doing it and what bag you keep your gear in.

Thanks.

** Ken **
kennethknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 25, 2009, 6:24 PM   #14

I must be brain dead because I can't get the Rode Steroe VideoMic to work. I plug it into what I think is the external mic input on the HD1000 (bottomw hole on the access panel below the lens, what's the upper hole for it doesn't accept a headphone jack as far as I can tell). I have the external mic volume set at the middle spot in the recording menu. But nothing works.

I'm clearly doing something silly wrong here. Probably a wrong cable in wrong port issue but I don't see it. Help and thanks.
Old Feb 25, 2009, 9:12 PM   #15

Probably no one is paying attention but I thought I'd conclude my external mic problem.

The problem is that I seem to no longer have the supplied external microphone cable that originally came with the HD1000. Chances are it is in the house somewhere but the chances of my ever finding it are slim at best.

I've purused Sanyo's website hoping to find a replacement part with no luck. Exactly what kind of cable is this? Can I replace it with something comparable and if so what. Thanks for any advice.
Old Mar 1, 2009, 11:39 AM   #16

Hello,

You need the cable adapter to connect the RODE but most external microphone
to the HD1000.
Without it, it will not work.

parisbyday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 1, 2009, 3:10 PM   #17

Yah, I hate proprietary connectors like this. I found all the other cables but cannot find the external mic cable. I had to order a replacement cable from partstore.com.