Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Sanyo

Old May 21, 2008, 9:58 AM   #1

So, tomorrow my wife and I are heading back to Hawaii again but this time I have my HD1000 so I will be getting some fantastic footage. In the past we've gone three times to Oahu (we stay inWaikiki) and we're going back there again but this time we're also going to Kauai! So in under two weeks I will be posting more footage :GI won't be around the forum during that time so just giving everyone a heads up. I will be on today but not as of tomorrow morning.

Rev.
Rev2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old May 21, 2008, 3:32 PM   #2

Dang Rev, do you ever stay home?!

Hey, have a wonderful trip! Enjoy yourselves and bring us back some amazing footage.

:|
Stephman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 22, 2008, 9:35 AM   #3

Thanks Stephman! I sure will bring back some jaw dropping video :G Well, I'm off!

Rev.
Old Jun 3, 2008, 11:15 PM   #4

Hey guys, I got back Sunday! I have 4.8 hours of footage! It's awesome stuff. I spent nearly a whole day with the camera's in editing features just joining the clips together to make long videos for transfer to my PS3 hard drive. Man, I can't wait for Blu-ray burner and media prices to drop!I still have all the individual clips but there are a LOT of them. So, I will have to tackle the task of perusing which to post this weekend. Either Saturday or Sunday I will have a few of the best clips posted for you all to download. I got someamazing stuff like a catamran cruise of the Na Pali cost of Kaua'i and a Mai Tai catamaran cruise in Oahu that we've done for a second time. This time we had spinnerdolphins come swim along the boat on the way back and I put the camera into 720/60p to capture them as they move quick when swimming around the boat and jumping out of the water :-) I have a bunch of other great scenery footage and even some really coollarge Parrots doing some really cool things. Anyhow, hang in there guys and I'll have something for you allon the weekend.

Rev.
Old Jun 4, 2008, 12:23 PM   #5

Lemme get my beer and popcorn ready for the show!
Stephman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 4, 2008, 2:41 PM   #6

Rev2010 wrote:
Quote:
So, tomorrow my wife and I are heading back to Hawaii again but this time I have my HD1000 so I will be getting some fantastic footage. In the past we've gone three times to Oahu (we stay inWaikiki) and we're going back there again but this time we're also going to Kauai! So in under two weeks I will be posting more footage :GI won't be around the forum during that time so just giving everyone a heads up. I will be on today but not as of tomorrow morning.

Rev.
Do you have posted some footage on vimeo as well?
*derxxsfilmer* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 4, 2008, 4:14 PM   #7

Nope. I have my own hosting service that I post my files to. The only files I currently have are the Cancun trip ones in this thread:

http://forums.steves-digicams.com/fo...mp;forum_id=27

I will be deleting those this weekend to make room for the Hawaii ones so if you haven't seen them get them before the week is over.

I don't really like Vimeo to be honest. It's a nice service being free and being able to instantly view videos. However, it doesn't support 1920x1080 and it seems the conversion ruins the fluidity of motion on most videos. I don't know if it's true that itconverts them to 24fps or not but most clips on Vimeo are either jerky or just unusual looking when it comes to motion. I know most users allow you to download the original clips but again, nothing in 1920x1080 that I've seen. So, I just post all my raw unedited clips for people to download.

I got some excellent footage and can't wait to share. I have to admit though, being we were very active, like being onquick moving boats and such, I really really wish the HD1000 had optical image stabilization! I have the electronic stabilization turned off in my cam asI think it degrades image quality, so when being oncatamaran'sor when zoomed in 10x it would greatly help to have some decent OIS. I never noticed it till this trip, but that's cause we're always doing very active things in Hawaii where most other trips are more relaxed with less activities. All in all though I held the camera pretty darn steady considering

Rev.