Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Sanyo

Old Jun 6, 2008, 11:01 AM   #21

Burlz wrote:
Quote:
I just tried the trial Nero 8 with my HD1000 and it doesn't recognise the native files only ones I've converted already
Huh? My Nero 8 recognizes the files fine. I can add them, edit them, and even burn them to DVD. And I didn't do anything special, just installed it and it worked right off the bat. I'veworked on the raw MP4 fileswith Nero 8 both from home and from my PC at work so it's odd you can't import them. How are you trying to work with the files in Nero?

Rev.
Rev2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 6, 2008, 1:22 PM   #22

I'm using the Nero Vision component of the trial version of Nero 8 and when viewing folders/filesthrough the media window, the native files don't appear when set to 'all comptable files' or any of the specific file format. If I change it to 'All files' they do, but the prog crashes if it tries to import them.
Burlz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 6, 2008, 8:30 PM   #23

I tried using Nero 8 as well (Nero Vision 5) to edit 720p 60fps footage with no luck. Nero Vision - > Make Movie and browse for media and import. The 1st frame shows up and when I press play, no sound or the video is played.

Wondering how other folks have been able to perform edits using Nero 8? Does one have to set some configuration settings? Or, Nero 8 can only edit 1080i footage?

Thank you.
bsardana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 6, 2008, 11:08 PM   #24

Hmmm... good point bsardana as I've only worked with 1080i footage in Nero 8. Never tried 720/60p. Burlz, what is the format your clips are in?

Rev.
Old Jun 7, 2008, 7:37 PM   #25

Snap. 720P 60FPS.

Haven't tried 1080i as I believed it was pretty much a no go with everything.

So if there is an incompatability with certain file types and Nero - does this new cam fix it through better files or better software.
Burlz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 8, 2008, 1:51 AM   #26

Tervmar, you mentioned the focus on the Sanyo HD1000. I am having a bit of trouble with the focus on it, too. I have a new HD1000 and am trying to take video of the babies. The focus seems to go in out out for no particular reason that I can see. It's very disappointing.

Here is a link that shows the problem.

http://www.vimeo.com/1111912

Right at the beginning of the video, after the baby rolls over and then back, watch the babies face. The focus goes in and out several times. I am seeing this a lot in the videos that I'm taking.

Is this a problem with one of my settings, or is it a problem with the camera?
Web Teacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 8, 2008, 2:06 AM   #27

Focus hunting is common on the Sanyos. But you can fix the focus by pushing the joystick up when the camera initially gets a good focus. This is a focus lock. Unfortunately it goes away when you put the camera into standby. Of course, focus is difficult to discern on the HD1000's small screen, in any case. In addition to having a dual-focus system that rarely fails, the Canons enlarge the image when you select manual focus, which does give you a sporting chance of getting it right

Trevmar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 8, 2008, 2:43 AM   #28

Web Teacher wrote:
Quote:
The focus seems to go in out out for no particular reason that I can see. It's very disappointing.
I watched your video, the quality is quite nice by the way, but I only saw the focus fluctuate once - at about 18 seconds in and it only happened for about 1/2 a second. I didn't notice any focus hunting after that though you said it happened several times. Can you post at what timeline points it occurs at?

Rev.

Old Jun 8, 2008, 4:36 AM   #29

Thanks for looking. I just realized that I have trimmed the clip to get rid of some of the problems. I've uploaded just a short segment that shows the focus going in and out 3 times. Here it is:

http://www.vimeo.com/1136591

Web Teacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 8, 2008, 1:39 PM   #30

Ah, ok now I see it. Hmmm, that sucks. Don't know what to do about it. Have you tried the firmware update to see if you have the latest version of firmware? I don't believe youcan tell which version you have until you try to update the firmware. There's a thread about the firmware update, just look through the list of posts and you'll find the thread. I generally don't have focus issues with that type of footage. I usually get focus hunting while zoomed in or on low contrast objects (such as zooming into a distant mountain on an overcast or hazy day). Another thing to consider is if you've purchased your camera recently you may be able to return it and wait till the 21st and get the HD1010 that will be released. They claim improved focusing.

Rev.