Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Sanyo

Old Aug 3, 2008, 1:26 PM   #61

I have the VPC-HD1000, and answering the questions from my experience. I'd also like the exact same questions answered from a HD1010 owner.

Tommyz1 wrote
Quote:
1- Can the camera start recording Standing on Docking station.
Yes if you open the viewfinder

2- Does the LCD Monitor have to be open when shooting film?
Yes, by about 0.5cm measured at the bottom, so if you place a small thing there it records. Supposedly there's also a magnet modification you can do. If you close it entirely it will go to sleep mode.

3- Can the camera start recording with LCD Monitor (Viewfinder) closed.
Isn't this the same question as above?

4- Does this mean shooting continues to the next 4 GB segment of the
memory card? Or does it mean that the recording stops all together?
Recording stops. But 4GB is quite a long time. 45 minutes or something like that on max quality. (estimated) Windows has a bug with SDHC cards larger than 4GB, which require a hot fix you must request from Microsoft. Also, I don't think the 4GB recording limit has anything to do with a physical SD card split, but rather how the camera addresses the file. A 32 bit unsigned integer can adress 4 GB. sounds like a reasonable explanation.

5- Can the external hard disk(HDD) be used for extra storage place
when/while shooting? If yes would the external HDD need external power supply or could it be powered from Docking station?
You cannot record directly to external harddrive, at least not in anyway I have figured out.

What brand of SD memory card should I use. The fastest I've seen is SnaDisk with 15 MB/S. Is that enough for 60 fps? How about 300 fps?
Max bandwidth seems to be around 14 mbit, which amounts to 1.75MB/S. Any decent card should be fast enough.
DesktopMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 6, 2008, 12:28 AM   #62

I am looking at purchasing the HD1010 and wanted to know if anyone has purchased from warehouse123.com and what your approval rating was.

Price is about $100 cheaper
http://www.warehouse123.com/ProductI...NVPCHD1010-BLK
arizona321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 9, 2008, 1:51 AM   #63

Ordered from them before, I'm very pleased with my purchase. Shipped from oversea by FedEx. It's fast and quick.

arizona321 wrote:
Quote:
I am looking at purchasing the HD1010 and wanted to know if anyone has purchased from warehouse123.com and what your approval rating was.

Price is about $100 cheaper
http://www.warehouse123.com/ProductI...NVPCHD1010-BLK
MP4-19B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 2, 2008, 4:22 PM   #64

My old camera "Sanyo CG5" died. Will the HD1010 or CG9 be a good replacement for my old camera? Any good suggestions?
vi001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 2, 2008, 4:43 PM   #65

I have a CG65 which I consider a very nice little camera. I also considered the H1010 and H1000 but will now wait for the HD800 since it's a similar size to the CG65.
Setter Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 30, 2008, 12:56 AM   #66

Setter Dog wrote:
Quote:
I have a CG65 which I consider a very nice little camera. I also considered the H1010 and H1000 but will now wait for the HD800 since it's a similar size to the CG65.
If you got enough cash, I probably will go straight to the HD1010. It's more expandable.
arizona321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 30, 2008, 2:00 AM   #67

For those that have already and using the HD1010, are all types of SDHC cards available in the market are compatible with it? Did some of you have already encountered SDHC card incompatibility with the HD1010? I want to ask this since I'm planning to buy one with a 16gb SDHC class 6 PQI card in it. Thanks.
dragonbolz17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 13, 2008, 3:20 PM   #68

dragonbolz17 wrote:
Quote:
For those that have already and using the HD1010, are all types of SDHC cards available in the market are compatible with it? Did some of you have already encountered SDHC card incompatibility with the HD1010? I want to ask this since I'm planning to buy one with a 16gb SDHC class 6 PQI card in it. Thanks.
I ordered couple cheap cards from amazon and all of them seem working fine. I tried Kingston, Sandisk and Transcend. They all seem working fine.
MP4-19B is offline   Reply With Quote