Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Sanyo

Old Jun 14, 2008, 2:59 PM   #11

Hiya Stephman. I won't delete the files until you've managed to successfully download and play them. So when you've got them all to download and play let me know. Until then I won't touch them It's funny that I was right on my hunch about your PC being wireless. I'm an IT Technician for a living, I work for a very large international law firm and I've had awireless network in my house for many years. Wireless is *very* unreliable especially if you leave it set to DHCP. If you instead use static IP addresses for all your connected computers/devices your connection will be *much* more stable. Anyhow, hope you get all the files with no problem!

Rev.
Rev2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 15, 2008, 1:33 PM   #12

I'm on it...3 more to download. Thanks for the wait.

Since it's off topic, I'd like to get alittle more info from you at some point in the near future about setting my hardwired toys to static and my wireless ones to dynamic?

I've been having a heck of a time trying to get a hardwire going from the basement to the upstairs. I really want my main PC to be hardwired, but the majority of net connected toys in the house are in the basement. I had my friend who's our network guy at work over and we tried to convert the phone line upstairs in the 2nd bedroom to a cat5 connection. We found the terminating phone line in the basement for it, but was unsuccesful in getting the connection to work on the re-wired phone line.

The last option I was going to try for hardwired was to try and run a cat5 from the attic down to the basement along the side of the furnace flute runs from attic to basement. If that doesn't work, I may just upgrade to N wireless and see if that gives me a more reliable wireless connection.

Anyway, thanks for the info. I'll holla back as soon as I'm done with these last 3 files. So far, the others I've downloaded have successfully played on my PC. I'll move those over toext.HD and connect that to the PS3 later.
Stephman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 15, 2008, 4:16 PM   #13

Hey Stephman, it's actually the other way around - you should make sure your wireless connections are static IP. The wired connections don't matter really, though I still do static with mine to make things more simplified being my network is both wired and wirless. I'll shoot you a PM with my e-mail address. I could always help you over the phone someday if you'd like.

Rev.
Old Jun 16, 2008, 11:24 AM   #14

Rev,

Thank You, I've download all your videos. a very beautiful place. I hope many will start to show their own video taken with HD1000.

I also captured some video during my vacation in Langkawi Island Malaysia. You can download the movie from here

http://www.vimeo.com/1124035

hdmalaysia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 16, 2008, 11:54 AM   #15

Thank you! I hadactually had seen your monkey video before but not the one you posted so I just watched it as well. Very nice footage! Thanks for sharing as well!

Rev.