Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Sanyo

Old Jun 7, 2008, 8:32 PM   #1

OK guys, I have to do this in two or three steps as my hosting only let's me do 2gb at a time and I have about 5.4gb of shareable footage. One video is a straight 24 minutes at 2.07gb so I'll have to figure out how to post that one. Anyhow, here's the first seven. I'm figuring I will leave these up for one week, then delete and post the next batch so don't procrastinate!

First the 720/60p files:

This one is of dolphins that swam along our sunset MaiTai catamaran cruise in Oahu:-) :

SANY0065.MP4 (472.9 MB bytes) =>
http://www.onlinefilefolder.com/index.php?action=getshare&type=0&user_num= 64788&share_id=196654&hash=6e334fba747f3b2 228b1c2e6c137b361

This one is of the nice man-made waterfall at the Gran Hyatt in Kaua'i:

SANY0039.MP4 (73.6 MB bytes) =>
http://www.onlinefilefolder.com/index.php?action=getshare&type=0&user_num= 64788&share_id=196652&hash=1b8d96ce9fe2f22 4e24567cf6e4653c4

This one is footage of the Napali coast of Kaua'i:

SANY0020.MP4 (131.4 MB bytes) =>
http://www.onlinefilefolder.com/index.php?action=getshare&type=0&user_num= 64788&share_id=196650&hash=22c7fdf36135796 18775995573960366

Next is the 1080i footage. I seriously recommend ONLY viewing these clips on an HDTV or computer monitor supporting 1920x1080 or higher. Anything lower and it will show interlace lines like crazy. On a monitor or TV supporting 1920x1080 or higher it will look fantastic:

This clip is an early morning view of Waikiki from our hotel room balcony:

SANY0029.MP4 (260.0 MB bytes) =>
http://www.onlinefilefolder.com/index.php?action=getshare&type=0&user_num= 64788&share_id=196651&hash=2086c87dc00f26a 6620a7f5537c3e08a

This footage is of the Napali coast:

SANY0019.MP4 (520.8 MB bytes) =>
http://www.onlinefilefolder.com/index.php?action=getshare&type=0&user_num= 64788&share_id=196649&hash=d20d79574a99fdb 6ceff359953084af9

This footage is of this awesome Macaw parrot named Duke.He would dance when I would say his name repetitively like "Duke, duke, duke, duke, duke" etc. So you'll see me bopping up and down like an idot :?

SANY0050.MP4 (116.0 MB bytes) =>
http://www.onlinefilefolder.com/index.php?action=getshare&type=0&user_num= 64788&share_id=196653&hash=eb61035caf1de07 88a704265a03018c5

This footage is of another bird, some type of large Cockatoo. He/she would slide down the tree trunk. It was awesome, and the bird really seemed to enjoy the attention!:

SANY0066.MP4 (283.8 MB bytes) =>
http://www.onlinefilefolder.com/index.php?action=getshare&type=0&user_num= 64788&share_id=196656&hash=7ea7e12bec3d0c3 4e09200ab845ab7ce

Enjoy! And make sure to download soon as next week is the second installment!

Rev.
Rev2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jun 12, 2008, 2:58 PM   #2

Ugh...Rev, Rev, Rev..

I downloaded all of the files above via my PC. Burnt the files to a blank DVD, and imported them into my PS3. Only 1 of them works, and the rest of them say "Corrupt Data". This is the same problem I had with your vids from Cancun.One played and the others were corrupt.

The file from this weeks posting that played succesfully is SANY0029.MP4.

For my next test, I pointed the PS3 browser to the link for SANY0065.MP4 and downloaded that file straight to the PS3's harddrive. After downloading it, PS3 says "Corrupt Data", ARGH!

I have no clue what is going on.

Is anybody else having "Corrupt Data" errors on their PS3's or what have you, trying to play these files? I don't know if I'm getting an incomplete file from your file host or if my PS3 is hosed in some way.

btw. The quality of vid SANY0029.MP4 was excellent
Stephman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 12, 2008, 3:53 PM   #3

Stephman wrote:
Quote:
I pointed the PS3 browser to the link for SANY0065.MP4 and downloaded that file straight to the PS3's harddrive. After downloading it, PS3 says "Corrupt Data", ARGH!

I have no clue what is going on.
Truly sorry to hear of the problem Stephman. I have to say though, it is definitely 100% something on your end. I am completely sure of this as I've downloaded the files from my posted links to my PC at work and they play perfectly fine. Add to that my wife downloaded them from her work PC to show her co-workers and they worked perfectly fine there too.

When I transfer the files to my PS3 I always simply use my 2gb memory stick. I just copy the files to my memory stick, then plug it into the PS3, and copy the files to the drive. The last time however I used my external hard drive to transfer as the full size of the files was 4.7gb.

If you have a memory stick or external hard drive try copying them to the drive then hooking up the drive to the PS3. You might have something wrong with your internet connection interrupting the long downloads. Are you downloading via wireless?

Rev.
Old Jun 12, 2008, 4:35 PM   #4

Stephman, if you have a device to shuttle the files please try this. Re-download just one of the files, one of the ones that didn't work of course, to your computer. If you're downloading it over a wireless connection please try to use a wired connection for the test download. When it's finished downloading try playing it on your computer. If it plays, then transfer the video to your device (memory stick, external hard drive, etc). Then connect the unit to your PS3 and transfer the file over. If it plays on your PC but not on your PS3 the only thing I could suggest is choose "Check for updates" in your PS3s' menu.

I would really like to help you to get the files to play as I appreciate your feedback. I have to admit, I've been wondering lately why I even bother to share these files as dozens of people download the videos and don't say a word, not even a "thanks for sharing" 99% of the time. It just has me scratching my head a bit, especially being I'm paying for the hosting service to make sharing these files as easy as can be.

Rev.
Old Jun 12, 2008, 5:10 PM   #5

For what it's worth, I downloaded SANY0065.MP4 and it worked fine. Nice, clear video.

Edit: Oh, also tried the 1920x1080 videos and they play very well on my PC with the CoreAVC codec.

Thanks for sharing.
Caelum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 12, 2008, 9:32 PM   #6

LOL, wife wants to go now. May I ask which resort this was? Thanks.
Old Jun 13, 2008, 12:38 AM   #7

Caelum wrote:
Quote:
LOL, wife wants to go now. May I ask which resort this was? Thanks.
Haha, good to hear! You reeeally should visit Hawaii, it's so amazing. As for the resort, which video are you referring to as this trip we went to both Oahu and Kaua'i. If you're talking about the Kaua'i videos we stayed in the Grand Hyatt. It's very pricey for the rooms but it's an amazing place complete with the largest connecting group of pools I've ever seen and even has a salt water lagoon for swimming that is a few acres large. Salt water kicks ass since you're so much more boyant. The water is also very comfortably warm all the time - not cold but not too warm... just right.

If you're talking about the video from the hotel room balcony and the dolphins during the cruise then that's Oahu - Waikiki, Honolulu to be specific. We stay in a hotel right across the street from Waikiki beach called ResortQuest Waikiki Beach Hotel. That's the exact name so don't get it confused with any other ResortQuest hotel with a somewhat similar name as they won't be the same! I can tell to this... if it's your first trip to Hawaii *go to Oahu!*. Oahu is amazing as it's a mix of a developed city with beautiful natural surroundings. So in Oahu you can get everything you're used to getting at home but still enjoy the natural beauty of Hawaii. Kaua'i has much more of an isolated feeling to it. You can't get *all* the amenities of home that you may like. My wife and I are serious Sashimi buffs (Sushi without the rice if you're not familiar) and I'm also a beer connoisseur. In Oahu I can get everything I love. In Kaua'i it's a lot more limited but what is there isexcellent.

Anyhow, please feel free to ask any questions you may have. I'm happy to share any travel information as we've been all over. This was our fourth trip to Hawaii. We went three times prior to Honolulu, Hawaii. This was the first time we went to the islandKaua'i and it was amazing - though Oahu is still my love :-)

Rev.
Old Jun 13, 2008, 10:47 AM   #8

Wow, thanks for all thegreat info. We've never been to Hawaii,I guess we were curious about the ResortQuest Waikiki Beach Hotel, thanks very much for that.We were alsovery impressed by the look of those pools(Gran Hyatt in Kaua'i)but thought it did looka tadexpensive. :-)
Old Jun 13, 2008, 11:40 AM   #9

The Grand Hyatt is indeedvery expensive! The ResortQuest hotel isn't too expensive. It's about $160 a night for a room with the view you see in the video. It also comes with free breakfast daily, basic stuff... nothing fancy. We think it's the perfect hotel to stay in being the view, it's right across the street from the beach, andit has a restaurant/bar attached to it. They used to includecollapsable chairs to bring to the beach so you could have breakfast on the beach but theyno longer have them. They said they didn't want any liability cause some people hurt themselves. Boy, people these days can't even sit in a chair without crying "lawsuit!" :roll:

Rev.
Old Jun 14, 2008, 9:24 AM   #10

Ya, unfortunatly, my main PC upstairs is connected via wireless. All of the other toys in the basement are hardwired.

I'll give your suggestions a try and see what happens. It's just very weird, as I've downloaded tons of stuff onlne, larger than your vids, via wireless and haven't had probs with those files. S'all good, I'll give it another go and let you know.

When will you be pulling these files to upload the next set? I'm just out and about enjoying my bday week! but want to make sure I get home to test this stuff before you post your next set. My lady is excited to see the dolphins in hidef, and I'm amped to see Duke doing his 2 step!
Stephman is offline   Reply With Quote