Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Sanyo

Old Jun 13, 2008, 8:15 PM   #1

http://www.warehouse123.com/ProductI...=SANVPCCA8-BLK

Find it on sale today! Anyon try this yet? That's pretty cool! from the specifcations on the paper. I'm actually quite interested in this, mostly to replace my CA6. How does it compare to the new CG9?
MP4-19B is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jun 16, 2008, 11:02 AM   #2

I am interested in this CA8 model as well. As for your concern, I think the two models are quite similar except that waterproof function which makes the CA8 model more solid than the CG9. By the way, is warehouse123.com a credible online retailer since it haven't been rated for the past year if you check its credibility on line. Also it is the only retailer in US selling CA8 model. The other thing caught my attension is that this model should be named "VPC-E2", subsequent model of "VPC-E1" in N.A. instead of "VPC-CA8", which is used in Japan. So it makes me wonder whether it is imported and does not have the Sanyo US warranty.
jaychen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 2, 2008, 4:29 PM   #3

how much better compare it to the old CA65? The CA65 is about $100 less than the CA8.
olivia_k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 4, 2008, 2:10 PM   #4

Jay,

RE: warehouse123 - They are based in Hongkong not USA. I bought two Sanyos from them (C6 and CG65, about three years apart), and I never had problem with them. The only thing worthwhile commenting is that it took a little longer for them to verify my credit card. Otherwise everything went smoothly.

RE: US warranty - since it is from Asia, it is "grey market" and will not be covered by US warranty.

BS
blindsight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 23, 2008, 8:58 PM   #5

I had problem my CA6 before, I shipped to their service center in California and they returned my camera within 2 weeks. So even without the US warranty, it's not a big issue. Finally got my CA8 today, I'm very impressed. Both pictures and videos are better than CA6. The body looks bigger and the build quality is solid.

Want to pick up a good memory card? A 32MB card which will work for Sanyo?

blindsight wrote:
Quote:
Jay,

RE: warehouse123 - They are based in Hongkong not USA. I bought two Sanyos from them (C6 and CG65, about three years apart), and I never had problem with them. The only thing worthwhile commenting is that it took a little longer for them to verify my credit card. Otherwise everything went smoothly.

RE: US warranty - since it is from Asia, it is "grey market" and will not be covered by US warranty.

BS
MP4-19B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 12, 2008, 8:50 AM   #6

olivia_k wrote:
Quote:
how much better compare it to the old CA65? The CA65 is about $100 less than the CA8.
I am curious about this as well...any comparisons? Does anyone have the CA8 yet?
bltkmt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 1, 2008, 3:04 PM   #7

bltkmt wrote:
Quote:
olivia_k wrote:
Quote:
I am curious about this as well...any comparisons? Does anyone have the CA8 yet?
Comparisons with cg9?
cathy9089 is offline   Reply With Quote