Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Sanyo

Old Jun 22, 2008, 9:02 AM   #11

hi tvjohn

i have tried the avc codec. i have a macbook pro 2.16GHz with 2GB memory. i have reformat the machine and updated it to 10.4.11 from 10.4.8 then update quicktime 7.1.3 to 7.1.6. i installed the avc codec after. it still do the samething. in HD 1080, it dropped frames, but it doesnt do that in the 720p and lower resolution. at this point, should i suspect my hd1000 is faulty?????? but all the things i recorded in the sanyo HD1000 played fine in the tiny screen in the HD1000 itself like i mentioned before. guys pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee help. i had this sanyo hd1000 for 3 months already and i still couldnt get it work. i switched from cg6 to hd1000. did i wasted my money((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((

thx
room1102 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 22, 2008, 9:40 AM   #12

Hello room1102.

No, I think it's highly unlikely your HD1000 is faulty.

I only have Leopard (10.5.3) installed on my mac here, so can't easily try Tiger.

See if you can install Leopard, then try:

http://dn-0.com/xbmc-trac/wiki/WikiStart

because I do find that works ok on this macbook (not Pro) so on yours there should be no dropped frames at all.

Maybe you can take a USB stick containing one of your Sanyo files to an Applestore & ask to try it on one of their macbooks?

HTH
tvjohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 23, 2008, 1:01 AM   #13

Do you have a Core Duo or Core 2 Duo macbook pro at 2.16ghz? The core2 are nearly 40% faster as the same clock speed. Not to mention the improvements with the latest graphics cards.

We have a Macbook Pro Core 2 Duo 2.2ghz which plays back the 1080i recordings just fine, but with noticeable interlace pattern. The video has to be scaled down to fit the smaller display. Also I have a Macbook Air 1.6ghz, which does not play even the 720p without dropping frames, due to it's slow hard drive. You might try copying the video to a USB card if your hard drive is too slow for playback.

All the machines need the AVC1 component to playback the 1080i video, even with the latest version of Quicktime 7.5
Tummy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 23, 2008, 5:03 AM   #14

Tummy wrote:
Quote:
Do you have a Core Duo or Core 2 Duo macbook pro at 2.16ghz? The core2 are nearly 40% faster as the same clock speed. Not to mention the improvements with the latest graphics cards.

We have a Macbook Pro Core 2 Duo 2.2ghz which plays back the 1080i recordings just fine, but with noticeable interlace pattern. The video has to be scaled down to fit the smaller display. Also I have a Macbook Air 1.6ghz, which does not play even the 720p without dropping frames, due to it's slow hard drive. You might try copying the video to a USB card if your hard drive is too slow for playback.

All the machines need the AVC1 component to playback the 1080i video, even with the latest version of Quicktime 7.5
i have the core 2 duo 2.16GHz. well, i have tried quicktime 7.5 before. all i got was green screen. i read something online before saying that if i have anything higher then quicktime 7.1.6, then i will get a green screen only for my 1080i video from sanyo. i can play the 1080i video from sanyo hd1000 but it just dropped frames. i ve tried it on my quad core machine with quicktime 7.1.6. it still drop frames in 1080i but it is not as bad as the macbook pro i have. i spoke to sanyo here in australia. they told me they have no problem to play anything as long as i use the quicktime came with the sanyo hd1000 which was quicktime 7.1.6, thats all i have been told by sanyo. i even done fresh install in my windows and mac( it still dropped frames in 1080i.

should i post a short video here so everyone can see what i mean by dropping frames?
Old Jun 23, 2008, 3:48 PM   #15

I had the green window as well until I installed the VC1 component and plugin.

Make sure you put the component in Hd\library\quicktime\ and not just in your library. Also make sure the preference pane is installed by double clicking it. Restart Quicktime Player and it should play.

Other than that, I don't know what else to suggest.
Tummy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 25, 2008, 8:18 AM   #16

hi guys

thx for everyone in this forum who replied to me. the good news is i got my macbook pro finally working for the sanyo hd file. i have osx 10.4 installed and quicktime 7.1.6. i did used the avc1 to make it work but it is little bit different than some suggestion in within this post. i didnt install the pane.pref from the avc1 decoder image. i just copied the component to the quciktime folder in my osx library. it play the 1080 movie fine wihtout dropping frame or out of sync!!!!!!!!!! but if i installed the pane.pref like it suggested in the avc1 read me file. i still get out of sync and dropped frame!!!! so i just sticked with the component file in the library. anyway, thx alot again for the suggestion from you guys

i have one more question. my quad core still dropping frame when i play my sanyo hd files. will i need something like avc1 for windows install in my quad core before i play the file just like i did in my mac????

thx again!