Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Sanyo

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Jun 16, 2008, 1:35 PM   #1
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 8
Default

hi, i am new in this forum. i got the sanyo hd1000 camcorder. i tried with the hd mode and normal mode. when i checked my videos in the camcorder itself. it plays fine in the little camcorder screen. when i use my video programs(quicktime, vlc or windows media player) to play the video. only the videos i used the normal mode to record played fine. the one i shot with the hd mode is not playing right. the sound and motion doesnt match up and the video is kinda of jerky as well. i have updated to the firmware 1.1.0 already. it still does the samething in video in HD mode. can anyone help me out a bit here to tell me whats wrong? is there something wrong with my computer video programs??????

thx
room1102 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jun 16, 2008, 2:00 PM   #2
Senior Member
 
Rev2010's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 377
Default

Your computer is probably not fast enough to play the video smoothly. But you are seeing the video and hearing audio, they're just not in sync and are playing jerkyright?



Rev.
Rev2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 16, 2008, 6:04 PM   #3
Member
 
*derxxsfilmer*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 62
Default

Try the free media coder tool, first line it`s a converter but you can use it as a player as well. It works good for the Xactis HD720/60fps mode on my XP notebook.
*derxxsfilmer* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 16, 2008, 8:22 PM   #4
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 8
Default

Rev2010 wrote:
Quote:
Your computer is probably not fast enough to play the video smoothly. But you are seeing the video and hearing audio, they're just not in sync and are playing jerkyright?



Rev.
hi,

thx for the quick reply. i have tried it in 3 computers. my old amd dual core, mac book pro with core 2 dual cpu and i got this new machine last month with a powerfuly intel quad core cpu with 8gb of ram. the sound and video still out of sync when i used the quad core machine to play it with quciktime. this is what i cant figure out. i was wondering. would it be something wrong with the sanyp hd1000 instead?????
room1102 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 16, 2008, 8:25 PM   #5
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 8
Default

*derxxsfilmer* wrote:
Quote:
Try the free media coder tool, first line it`s a converter but you can use it as a player as well. It works good for the Xactis HD720/60fps mode on my XP notebook.
hi

like i mentioned. the normal mode(720) is fine but if i go the full hd mode(1080) thats when the video starting out of sync.

thx
room1102 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 16, 2008, 9:55 PM   #6
Senior Member
 
Rev2010's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 377
Default

room1102 wrote:
Quote:
and i got this new machine last month with a powerfuly intel quad core cpu with 8gb of ram. the sound and video still out of sync when i used the quad core machine to play it with quciktime.
Hmm, that is odd. I too have a Quad-Core (Intel Q6600) but have played these videos on dual core Intels and AMD machines with no problem. I use this codec pack:

http://www.download.com/Media-Player...dlPid=10846125

Maybe give it a try. If you do, make sure to uncheck to install the twoadditional softwares - they're just Internet Explorer toolbars and junk like that. With this I have no problem playing the full1080i videos on my computers. Another thing to try is opening them through Windows Media Player Classic. If you have Windows XP the file is called mplayer2.exe. You can click Start -> Run and type mplayer2.exe and it will launch it. It's a lot lighter than the bloated current versions of Media Player.

If you're viewing the files fine through the camera than it can't be a problem with the unit itself. It would likely have to be something on your machines. Is there any other software you've loaded on every machine? Something that might consume a ridiculous amount of resources? Anyhow, if you are comfortable with it try that codec pack and see how it plays with mplayer2.exe. Best of luck!



Rev.
Rev2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 17, 2008, 2:27 PM   #7
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 50
Default

Try this for the Mac:

http://www.macupdate.com/info.php/id/23875

Sorry, there is a new version you can download from here:

http://www003.upp.so-net.ne.jp/mycom...vc1Decoder.dmg
Tummy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 18, 2008, 12:32 PM   #8
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 8
Default

Rev2010 wrote:
Quote:
room1102 wrote:
Quote:
and i got this new machine last month with a powerfuly intel quad core cpu with 8gb of ram. the sound and video still out of sync when i used the quad core machine to play it with quciktime.
Hmm, that is odd. I too have a Quad-Core (Intel Q6600) but have played these videos on dual core Intels and AMD machines with no problem. I use this codec pack:

http://www.download.com/Media-Player...dlPid=10846125

Maybe give it a try. If you do, make sure to uncheck to install the twoadditional softwares - they're just Internet Explorer toolbars and junk like that. With this I have no problem playing the full1080i videos on my computers. Another thing to try is opening them through Windows Media Player Classic. If you have Windows XP the file is called mplayer2.exe. You can click Start -> Run and type mplayer2.exe and it will launch it. It's a lot lighter than the bloated current versions of Media Player.

If you're viewing the files fine through the camera than it can't be a problem with the unit itself. It would likely have to be something on your machines. Is there any other software you've loaded on every machine? Something that might consume a ridiculous amount of resources? Anyhow, if you are comfortable with it try that codec pack and see how it plays with mplayer2.exe. Best of luck!



Rev.
hi, thx for the reply. actually, i spoke to the sanyo tech support people. i dont know do you guys know this or not. it you have quicktime 7.1.6 installed in you computer is fine. if you have any quicktime version installed in your computer other then 7.1.6, you will get a green screen when you play it. anyway, the tech support guy i spoke to, he suggested me do a clean installation of the windows and only installed the quicktme in the cd came with the sanyo hd1000 and not other version of quicktime. i tried it after i done a clean installation of windows and quicktime 7.1.6(came with the sanyo hd1000). i play the sanyo hd1000 files with my quad core machine. now, this time is much better, the sound and motion is not really out of sync, BUT it is kinda dropping frame every few seconds. i tried with 1920x720 with 60fps, it works fine the quad core machine i have, sound and motion are fine, also no drop frame. i was just wondering. is that the quicktime codec problem or not. i also tried the mplayer2 u mentioned before. but that was before i done a clean installation of windows and quicktime. i got the same problem with the sound, motion and drop frame.

style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #000000"so you guys never had any problem of the full HD footage of dropping frame????
room1102 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 18, 2008, 12:33 PM   #9
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 8
Default

Tummy wrote:
Quote:
Try this for the Mac:

http://www.macupdate.com/info.php/id/23875

Sorry, there is a new version you can download from here:

http://www003.upp.so-net.ne.jp/mycom...vc1Decoder.dmg
hi, thx for the reply, just wondering. what does the avc1decoder do? does it replace the codec of the quicktime???????
room1102 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 19, 2008, 2:37 AM   #10
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 24
Default

You've a macbook pro which'll work great on HD.

I'm using just a macbook & the Sanyo files are fine with Quicktime, Realplayer etc.. VLC's no good as that uses its own codecs.

As Tummy writes, the AVC1 codec is the one to use on the mac. It installs a "Preference Pane" where settings can be tweaked, but I've left them at default.

AVC1 is only used for files of the Sanyo kind, "AVC", & doesn't affect anything else, so I wouldn't be afraid of installing it.
tvjohn is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 6:54 AM.