Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Sanyo

Old Jun 19, 2008, 9:25 AM   #1

http://209.85.171.104/translate_c?hl...006-17,GGGL:en
Wayne12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jun 19, 2008, 9:58 AM   #2

Thanks for posting! I'mreading this now but man is it a hard read with such translation. Is there anyone out there that can read Japanese and sum up the review for us?

Rev.
Rev2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 19, 2008, 10:32 AM   #3

I know what you mean, I was just going to post on that. At least I can download the footage for examination.

Seriously, it needs to be half the street value ( = to double what Aiptek's Action HD's are going for on the street) or higher data rate on all resolutions with latitude and SNR similar to the newest high end AVCHD Sony and Canons.
Old Jun 19, 2008, 10:37 AM   #4

HD1010 is happy camera that many features will be, other than HD1000 that is age longer. So very friendly shoot mode with lens that darkISO and slow time frame capture. Much expense to find upgrade to be worth. To be feel rip off me.

Thats sums it up for me :lol:, sorry couldnt resist
TheTurk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 19, 2008, 10:41 AM   #5

Yeah, I'm downloading the larger videos now. I downloaded the first few samples on the page, of the grass with the water, and so far I don't see any improvement in overall quality - but that's only from looking at those clips. Once the duck and low light ones are done downloading I'll have a better idea. The 30p clip was really strange. As he panned down it looked incredibly jerky. I don't know why people who get their hands on new gear take test footage like those first clips. I mean, a clip of quick panning from the sky down to the ground??? I mean come on, give us something better than that! Hopefully the other clips will be better.

Rev.
Old Jun 19, 2008, 10:43 AM   #6

Turk, the reviewers credits at the bottom are even better. I like this sentence:

" Good-natured personality and sticky material, in daily conversation role is mainly Boke."

Sticky material huh? Ewwwww hehehe :-)

Rev.
Old Jun 19, 2008, 10:57 AM   #7

You probably wont notice much improvement in water rendering. But blow everything up, imagine you have your $800 60-120 inch HD screen in two years time, and slow it down. That makes the problems jump out a bit more. What looks course, fuzzy, or irregular at normal fields of view and speed, are more clearly seen to put finger on. I think it is going in the right direction though.
Old Jun 19, 2008, 12:44 PM   #8

OK, I've checked out the largest file from that page - the one with the duck pictured. This video is a whole lot better to see image quality. It looks very nice! However, outside of the fact that it's progressive, I still think the video is quite comparable to some of my own HD1000 footage. The HD1010 likely delivers slightly better quality, having progressive 30p helps of course, but Idon't really think it'smuch of anincrease inquality. Trust me though, I'm not complaining cause I'm already extremely satisfied with the quality of my cams footage.Now all we need to wait to find out is whether or not the focus hunting truly has been fixed.

Oh, and as for the low light footage, looks good to me. I can't really say how it compares to the HD1000 as the only real fair test would be to capture the same exact footage with it and compare side by side.

Rev.
Old Jun 19, 2008, 3:52 PM   #9

This link works, the one above is broken now
http://translate.google.com/translat...8/zooma365.htm

Trevmar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 19, 2008, 6:34 PM   #10

My only comment is that the color saturation on the sample video taken in candlelight is better than I remember with my HD1000. This was one of the differences between Canon, Kodak and HD1000 - the HD1000 color saturation disappeared at low low light levels. But the candlelight video looked pretty natural as distance was traversed away from the candles. Unable to comment on sensitivity from that video, though.
Trevmar is offline   Reply With Quote