Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Sanyo

Old Jun 20, 2008, 10:34 PM   #1

Hi there,

A relative of mine has her eye on the Sanyo Xacti HD700 but she wants to know if it can record off of cable,etc. with a/v inputs, like the Aiptek A-HD. Does anyone know if the Sanyo Xacti HD700 has this capability?

Also what are the" pros" and "cons" of this particular camera (particularly the "cons")?

Thanks a lot for your help. :-)

3dcc is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jun 21, 2008, 6:41 PM   #2

The sanyo HD700 doesn't have an av input only output via the cradle. I have a sanyo hd700 and here is my view of it.

The pros:
fits in trouser pocket.
fine picture quality in good light.
takes a fair photo.

Cons:
poor in low light.
focus problems especially in low light.
electronic image stablizer.

Also 5x zoom is not enough sometimes but with a EIS anymore and the video will be useless. Overall its a camera to use when you don't want to carry a camcorder around.

3dcc wrote:
Quote:
Hi there,

A relative of mine has her eye on the Sanyo Xacti HD700 but she wants to know if it can record off of cable,etc. with a/v inputs, like the Aiptek A-HD. Does anyone know if the Sanyo Xacti HD700 has this capability?

Also what are the" pros" and "cons" of this particular camera (particularly the "cons")?

Thanks a lot for your help. :-)

herbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 21, 2008, 8:03 PM   #3

Echoing what Herbs said it takes great video in good light but at night the video is noiser than it should be. Also I found that taking still images at night, the photos came out noisey even with flash sometimes! ie they were worse than my C40. It also has quite bad barrel distortion compared with the other Sanyos though this is much less noticeable in video mode. As for the Electronic Image Stabilisation, it's not that great in any of the Sanyos. I tried one out for a couple of months and of all my cameras I have used or tried, this was the one I was most dissapointed with. This could've been the perfect camera if it were not for those issues. I like my C40 and was hoping the HD700 would be it's upgrade but still looking, as the HD1000 is a bit too pricey for me at the moment.

To be honest if she really needs AV in capability as well why not just try out the Aiptek A-HD. It isn't a bad little camcorder for it's price either. Bear in mind that the A-HD will not record in HD from the AV-IN though.
rgvcam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 24, 2008, 10:02 PM   #4

Hi herbs and rgvcam,

Thank you so much for your replies and feedback. This is helpful. I'll pass your comments on to her.

As far as Aiptek A-HD, she does not see that as an option for her at this time, unfortunately.

rgvcam, what camera is the C40?

Again, thank you both very much for the feedback. :-)
3dcc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 29, 2008, 2:17 PM   #5

forget the comments of passing on just pass the videos we worked hard for they show living proof

av input not for this one
fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote