Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Sanyo

Old Jun 29, 2008, 3:55 PM   #1

Ok, so i have made my purchase, converted the files to Apple int Quicktime with Streamclip, done a loverly edit in FCP and now want to get the video back on the SD Card and view it on my HD tv.

I can not get the settings right. I have also read on this board that nobody has managed to get the HD1000 to playback edited clips from a mac or pc.

Is this still the case?

Very frustrating if so. As I will just burn a traditional DVD

Thanks

Sam
digisamuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jun 30, 2008, 1:35 AM   #2

I have tried to do this with quite a few similar cameras. The only one I've succeeded with is a Samsung i6. Even it has a conversion program the movies have to be run through before they will play on the camera.

I have a Sanyo CG65, and have not yet been able to do this with it. I agree it is quite frustrating, but the movie making programs have so many combinations of parameters in their output that you stand little chance of guessing the correct recipe.

I've speculated that if you load a video clip from the Sanyo into VirtualDub or something like it, you can read the header information. Then use that to tailor the movie making software's output to the same parameters.
sgspirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 30, 2008, 3:12 AM   #3

I dont think anybody has managed to do this yet and it doesnt look as if anybody will. The Sanyo manual states that it cannot be done.
TheTurk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 30, 2008, 1:20 PM   #4

I have successfully edited files from the xacti hd1000 in my computer and then loaded back into the xacti. I only shortened clips.

Using MPEG Streamclip, Save the file wherever you want and then copy it onto your desktop. Drag the file into MPEG Streamclip do your cutting and click on "save as" then select mp4 (not the export feature) then change the file name by adding an (a or whatever floats your boat) to the end of the main name of the file (example SANYO0339a.mp4). Once it has been saved delete the original file that was copied to the desktop, rename the new file to its original name.

Make sure you have deleted the files off the Xacti. Connect the xacti to your computer as a card reader. Open up xacti until you see where files would be stored and drag your edited file in.

Jim
jimandsue60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 30, 2008, 1:43 PM   #5

hmmm

tried that

but i have edited them more than a basic trim

looks like a challenge, will keep you posted
digisamuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 30, 2008, 11:51 PM   #6

I'm not surprised you can edit the length of a clip and replay it in the camera. My CG65 can do this by itself, so I'm sure the HD1000 can.

What concerns us is replaying movies made from clips from the cameras. That means splicing together multiple clips, maybe some stills, adding titles and background music, transitions. And that's just a start. Then being able to replay the finished product in the camera.

Again, I've only succeeded in doing this with the Samsung i6. Samsung keeps putting out new versions of the i-series and the NV-series. I must say I'm pulled toward replacing the i6 with a newer model. I've never had a camera I've been as happy with as the i6, and used it as my main camera for almost 3 years.
sgspirit is offline   Reply With Quote