Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Sanyo

Old Jul 25, 2008, 3:26 PM   #21

Well, you should be happy with the HD1000 as well, I know I am. Here are some raw clips that I posted a while back. You can download them and test editing and playback through your methodsand see what you think. The files include 1280x720/60p files and 1920x1080 interlaced files so you can test both:

http://forums.steves-digicams.com/fo...mp;forum_id=27

Rev.
Rev2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 26, 2008, 9:23 AM   #22

They are fantastic clips.

I think I prefer the 720p clips over the 1080i, not sure why, but they just look great. As my Plasma is a 720p set and not full 1080P I guess it would be a waste using 1080i or am I wrong?

What settings were you using when you took those... auto etc and did you have the EIS on or off.

The decision has been made for me on which one to go for as my partner said he will buy it for my Birthday next month, so I will be getting the HD1000 in black. I am so looking forward to August 26th We are going to Hong Kong in November, so I am really looking forward to taking some great footage.

Thanks again for sharing those great clips and I look forward to hearing what settings you use/used
renpriv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 26, 2008, 12:00 PM   #23

Glad to be of help Ren! I used auto settings with the EIS off. The EIS ruins the image quality so you're better of not using it. It doesn't even do a decent job of stabilizing anyway. The only setting I really change is a value called "Exposure Correction". The HD1000 lets you assign "shortcuts" to the joystick so with a simple push up on the stick I get the value which I can then increase or decrease.Raising the exposure correction helps tremendously for making indoor and low light shots look much better. When you get yours try it out under lower light conditions and you'll see what I mean.

As for 1080i, well you probably like the 720 better since your TV is only 720 and also the 720 mode I shoot in is 60 frames per second. So, you're getting twice the amount of frames which makes motion look extremely fluid and lifelike. I have a 1920x1080 50" LCD HDTV and I prefer the higher resolution. You can see it's sharper and clearer. However, for anything with quick motion, like the dolphins video, I switch to 720/60p. At some point in the future you will have a 1080 HDTV so you might want to consider shootingprimarily in 1080. But, it's really up to you. A lot of people prefer the 720/60p mode so it's entirely up to preference.

Make sure you share some footage from Hong Kong!!

Rev.
Rev2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 26, 2008, 12:10 PM   #24

Once again, thanks fro your answers, they have been very useful.

I will bear in mind the 1080 vs 720 setting too
renpriv is offline   Reply With Quote