Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Sanyo

Old Jul 8, 2008, 10:58 PM   #21

Both fit fine in my pockets and I am not wearing baggy jeans. I am able to walk just fine with both of them in pockets.

Attached Images

klas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 8, 2008, 11:00 PM   #22

With all the bashing of the HD1000 in your posts, I'm surprised you still have it, haven't returned or sold it and moved on.
Tummy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 8, 2008, 11:02 PM   #23

klas wrote:
Quote:
Both fit fine in my pockets and I am not wearing baggy jeans. I am able to walk just fine with both of them in pockets.
I found this photo comparison on Amazon. I can't imagine walking around with a can in my pocket and having it go unnoticed.

Tummy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 8, 2008, 11:16 PM   #24

For the record I just tried uploading a native HF100 .mtsfile renamed to.mpgto Vimeo and it won't accept it. It uploads it then says there is a problem trying to encode the video. Never had any problem with my HD1000 files. Also, I've tried to edit the .mts files, again renamed to .mpg as that's the only way anything will evenrecognize the file,in both Sony Vegas Pro 8 and Ulead Media Studio Pro 8 and both won't take the file. So, the two softwares I own won't even edit these files. Is there a way around this without having to first convert the files into another format? If not, that's a deal breaker in my book.

Rev.
Rev2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 8, 2008, 11:21 PM   #25

klas wrote:
Quote:
Both fit fine in my pockets
Yeah right, there's quite adifference between the fit of both of them in your pockets. :roll:

Rev.

Old Jul 8, 2008, 11:38 PM   #26

Rev2010 wrote:
Quote:
klas wrote:
Quote:
Both fit fine in my pockets
Yeah right, there's quite adifference between the fit of both of them in your pockets. :roll:

Rev.
this is a first time I put the cameras in the pocket,the only thing that lives there is a cellphone and a wallet
klas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 24, 2008, 10:44 PM   #27

I got the camera back over the weekend from the Sanyo repair center in Skokie, IL. Itook several test movies under different light settings. The service center stated they realigned the lenses and did a firmware upgrade. The shots are quite good from what I can see...the camera has been repaired and is taking acceptable wide angle shots. I've also noticed an improvement in the camera staying in focus when zooming in or out.

mjclements48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 25, 2008, 9:50 AM   #28

Great to hear MJ! I figured it had to be something with the camera itself since the majority of us have nowhere near as bad aproblemas you described with the focus. So does it appear to be functioning fully normal now or just "better"?

Rev.
Old Jul 30, 2008, 9:26 AM   #29

Rev2010 wrote:
Quote:
mjclements48 wrote:
Quote:
but given the fact that they just released a HD1010 model, something tells me they know there is an issue within this unit.
But see, you're saying the camera *stays* out of focus for extended times like 15 seconds... that's simply not normal. I've never had out of focus shots last so long. You had even mentioned the wedding video you shot had minutes of out of focus footage, that just says to me it might be a defective unit. The focus hunting issues with the HD1000 are primarily that it fluctuates focus occasionally, as if it lost focus then regains it, or as if it can't decide which object to focus on. I guess I'll have to see your video to get a better idea.

*EDIT - by the way, MJ, Vimeo only supports 1280x720 files.

Rev.
My camera does that aswell. I was filming my flight from Amsterdam to Istanbul and noticed that when the zoom is 1.0 its just all blurry but when you zoom to 1.1 or 1.2 its sharp again. If you stay in 1.0 it will stay blurry for a few minutes. Also whats with the manuel focus? there is nothing that works. Especially the infinate.. I thought that would focus on lightning 10 km's quit nicley but it was blurry as hell. I first had to focus on a lamp post 10 m away before everything was in focus! I just accepted it as a flaw of the HD1000 but if you say it isn't then idk whats going on.
Captain-Amar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 30, 2008, 10:12 AM   #30

Sounds like you might have a defective unit as well. As MJ mentioned, the repair center told him the lenses were out of alignment. If you just bought it return it and get a new one. If it's been a while then you might need to send it out for servicing.

Rev.