Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Sanyo

Old Jul 8, 2008, 9:14 PM   #1

I bought my wife a new Exacti E-1 before our recent trip to Hawaii, knowing that we would be going to the beach, going snorkeling, etc. All I can say regarding the camera's performance is "wow." In and around the water it performed at least as well as we expected, and although I don't have any great shots to share from in the water, that's not the camera's fault :-), I was very impressed with it's performance as a P&S digital camera. A couple of shots she took at Pearl Harbor. First, the battleship Missouri

And a shot of the sail of the sub Bowfin....a little bit of lens flare, but sharp detail and nice sky

The stills and video taken from in the water were technically very good, just not very interesting. All and all, I'm very pleasantly surprised at the quality, both of video and stills.
Trojansoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jul 8, 2008, 10:37 PM   #2

Nice photos! Surely some great quality from such a small dual purpose cam. I have the HD1000 and took it on my most recent trip to Hawaii (Oahu and Kaua'i). Here are some videos on my Vimeo page. Download the original files on the lower right side of the page to get the best quality as Vimeo's re-encoding lowers quality significantly:

http://www.vimeo.com/user408416/videos

Rev.
Rev2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 8, 2008, 11:31 PM   #3

Nice videos. It is an amazing little camera. My wife shot nearly 8 GB worth of video, including some really nice footage at the Polynesian Culture Center, and I just got some issues resolved for editing on my computer today, so I'll post some videos from her shooting in a few days when I've had a chance to sort through her files.

Paul
Trojansoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 8, 2008, 11:35 PM   #4

Sweet! Looking forward to seeing your Hawaii videos! I love it there so much :G

Rev.
Rev2010 is offline   Reply With Quote