Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Sanyo

Old Jul 16, 2008, 3:08 PM   #11

jools4merk wrote:
Quote:
I tried what you said but this feature is not available in the trial version of Nero 8. It says that decoding of Mpeg4/H.246 files is only available in the full version. I would be very jubious about forking out for this software unless I got it to work first. Can you add transitions and edit the video too or is it just simply a tool for putting the files in a format that you can play on a DVD Player?
Oh, damn that sucks, didn't know that man. Sorry about that. I have the full version so wasn't aware of this. As for your question, yes it does allow editing with transitions and stuff. It's not a complex editor by any means but it does the standard editing most home users will do with transitions, fades, titles, etc.

Rev.
Rev2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 16, 2008, 4:55 PM   #12

Hi Rev,

Thanks for that, do you think I should get it?

Jools
jools4merk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 16, 2008, 6:55 PM   #13

I can't say Jools since I wouldn't want to take the chance of having you spend money to possibly not be satisfied. I will tell you this... Nero 8 Ultra does burn the MP4 videos to standard DVD fine, I've done it. However, it does take a long time to do the re-encode. But it works. The one thing in Nero 8 I have never got to work is the burning of HD content onto standard DVD. As you may be aware you can create a high definition disc in either Blu-Ray or HD DVD on a standard DVD disc. You will just have a lot less play time available. Well, I've been able to burn the discs but they play horribly stuttery on anything I put it in (ie. PS3 or XBox 360). I also haven't been able to get the AVCHD "mini-DVD" to work either. But, converting andburning to standard DVD & quality works.

Also, do you have a PS3 or XBOX 360? If you do, they will play back the files perfectly. As a matter of fact I've taken to just copying all my footage to my PS3's hard drive and I now store and play all my videos through there. Of course, I am eventually going to have to upgrade the hard drive to a larger size but it's a very simple task to do so.

Rev.
Rev2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 17, 2008, 2:57 AM   #14

Best editing software for the xacti files so far is the sony vegas.
I use the pro 8 version and it works smooth even on a low speed notebook.

If you only want to burn the raw files from the cam (edited with the cam`s built in editor) on a dvd I can recommend this freeware solution:
Use the free mediacoder to convert the files into avi files (setting video: format mp4 -> container avi, 6mbps or higher).
For burning the avi`s on a dvd use the free dvd-flick software.

You can also try the free mpeg-streamclip for some simple mp4 cuts pp.

Have fun!
*derxxsfilmer* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 17, 2008, 9:30 AM   #15

Hi jools4merk,

In my earlier post http://forums.steves-digicams.com/forums/view_topic.php?id=587742&forum_id=27
I've provided the exact set of parameters which works for me just fine.

After I've found this software I decided to stay with my 4 years old PC until I get the new HD equipment.

Again, at my WinXP SP3 AMD-based PC with 1.5GB of RAM in it works excelent.

FZKAP

FZKAP is offline   Reply With Quote