Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Sanyo

Old Sep 21, 2008, 10:02 AM   #101

im going to duplicate this error..Im checking it out and Ill post my thoughts on this. but for now, I recommend you do a 2 minute video, and try it again to see if you get the same error.

It says that you placed your file on to your hardrive from the sd card correct? what you can do is also check both filesizes. another thing is not to ever pull the sd card without ejecting it from the lower right hand corner for usb devices. if you pull without ejecting, you can corrupt the sd card.

ill post later after I review the file
Cresho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 21, 2008, 10:28 AM   #102

I tried with a smaller file and the same error happened with the audio encoding.
Newcoma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 21, 2008, 10:29 AM   #103

Okay! A new DVDflick is available! I was testing out the old one I was using and appearantly, on my 40 second video, it was crashing like every other try.

Here is the new download.

http://sourceforge.net/project/downl...e_mirror=voxel

you are using an older version which is the 1.3.0.0. Try the new one.

uninstall the old one before you install the new one!!!!! THEN REBOOT AND REINSTALL!!! FFMPEG MAY BE RUNNING IN THE BACKGROUND!!!!!
Old Sep 21, 2008, 10:43 AM   #104

Cresho wrote:
Quote:
Okay! A new DVDflick is available! I was testing out the old one I was using and appearantly, on my 40 second video, it was crashing like every other try.

Here is the new download.

http://sourceforge.net/project/downl...e_mirror=voxel

you are using an older version which is the 1.3.0.0. Try the new one.

uninstall the old one before you install the new one!!!!! THEN REBOOT AND REINSTALL!!! FFMPEG MAY BE RUNNING IN THE BACKGROUND!!!!!
The thing is with this software it runs on the .net framework. It is buggy sometimes. SO far, i have done 4 tries with 1.3.0.1 and It has not crashed on me once. THe older version was crashing which I did not catch since I have around 3-4 different dvd burning software. This one is my favorite though.

...........5th try and no crash. If you get another error, i'd like to see your log again and compare it to the other one.
Old Sep 21, 2008, 10:51 AM   #105

Quote:

...........5th try and no crash. If you get another error, i'd like to see your log again and compare it to the other one.
I installed the lates version and got an error again, this time with a smaller file.. The log is attached.
Attached Files
File Type: txt errorlog2.txt (5.6 KB, 253 views)
Old Sep 21, 2008, 10:52 AM   #106

OKAY! it crashes too! my sixth try! (i guess it works with winff better) Im going to try:

Winff (with my personal setting that included from downloads section on tutorial)->dvdflick->dvd

ill post my results
Old Sep 21, 2008, 10:58 AM   #107

Cresho wrote:
Quote:
OKAY! it crashes too! my sixth try! (i guess it works with winff better) Im going to try:

Winff (with my personal setting that included from downloads section on tutorial)->dvdflick->dvd

ill post my results
try the winff to dvd flick. The conversion takes seconds. use the avi and the passthrough and mp3 160 settings I provided. It should work

Another thing is I have learned the ffmpeg is going through a transition. Some of the commands have changed and I guess this is why we are seeing a new dvdflick version.
Old Sep 21, 2008, 11:06 AM   #108

Cresho wrote:
Quote:
try the winff to dvd flick. The conversion takes seconds. use the avi and the passthrough and mp3 160 settings I provided. It should work
OK I am almost there. Now it chrashed when it should finalize the dvd
Attached Files
File Type: txt errorlog3.txt (10.6 KB, 997 views)
Old Sep 21, 2008, 11:22 AM   #109

how many times did you try and convert the same video? how many crashes? So far, im on my 12 conversion and no crashes.
Old Sep 21, 2008, 11:28 AM   #110

Newcoma wrote:
Quote:
Cresho wrote:
Quote:
OK I am almost there. Now it chrashed when it should finalize the dvd
make sure you delete the old folder it was trying to encode it into. Didn't realize how temperamental the software is.