Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Sanyo

Old Oct 2, 2008, 10:49 AM   #121

Just giving you guys a "heads up" for a free and powerfull video editor. This one is more intended for hobbyists and "the-like" professional guys! It requires very advanced knowledge of operating system and tools like photoshop or gimp as well.

Here is blender 4.47 setup for video editing. It has awsome effects such as HDR lighting..(think the glow effect from oblivion game) for awsome home videos, lots of special effects, transitions require gimp or photoshop to create transitions. Even as a photo slide show creator. you can stick pictures in it and stretch the frame and even more add effects. Blender is really a 3d program but it also does video.

Here is a picture of my setup. Ill post a vimeo tutorial later on for doing transitions and such. Took me a while to learn this so don't expect people to pick this up right away. I recommend easier stuff for newbies and If my tutorial serves right, newbies can sort of get the hang of it.

If you look closely, I created "meta" strips which is really audio and video joined together. If you look at all those bars, I can further "meta" them together or aka put all those together to organize them and further cut and slice and move for even more managable editing.
Attached Images

Cresho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 10, 2008, 6:03 AM   #122

Any update on the tutorial Cresho. :-)
relate2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 10, 2008, 9:18 AM   #123

Cresho,

Just a small update: Blender's version is 2.47 not 4.47 according www blender.org.

FZKAP
FZKAP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 10, 2008, 10:04 AM   #124

ya there is an update. I am still working on a few new softwares and kinda figuring out if they are worth mentioning. I'll have it up sometime today or tomorrow, I have visitors coming over. I just want to have everything ready before I post it not like last time where I was editing while trying out softwares.
Old Oct 10, 2008, 5:25 PM   #125

No problems Cresho and no pressure, take your time.
relate2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 12, 2008, 12:37 PM   #126

you know, i been looking for a method of converting videos without flickering problems. I know virtualdub can do this. Ill see if I can add this. Gona take a bit longer to finish
Old Oct 15, 2008, 8:00 PM   #127

Thanks for all your work and I'm looking forward to the final tutorial!

I came across your tutorial a few weeks ago and wanted to try a few things out today but cannot find the old tutorial anywhere.. any chance you can at least keep posting the previous version while you are working on the new one? Mainly I was interested in the first steps.. I have an HD1010 and cannot load the video directly into my Adobe Premiere CS3. Was hoping that the first steps you described might make the video so at least I can load it into my editing program.. or do you have an other solution for me that doesn't involved actually transcoding anything before I get a chance to edit on a timeline?

I shot a friend's wedding and I don't have a clue how to edit and burn this footage to a DVD for him.. I've used Premiere before so I wanted to start with that but it won't import the Sanyo files directly..

Mike

Sigmundt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 16, 2008, 1:32 AM   #128

I can help you with this problem. First off, what did you record your footage as? what can you import in premiere? I personally don't have the software but I can set something up for you so you can work with the files in adobe.

I put something up that I was working on. I'm trying to lean it out.

Let me know what settings you used. I can help you with this so you can edit your videos in adobe.
Old Oct 16, 2008, 10:33 AM   #129

Cresho wrote:
Quote:
I can help you with this problem. First off, what did you record your footage as? what can you import in premiere? I personally don't have the software but I can set something up for you so you can work with the files in adobe.

I put something up that I was working on. I'm trying to lean it out.

Let me know what settings you used. I can help you with this so you can edit your videos in adobe.
Hi Cresho, thanks for posting your work in progress, at least it lets me start tinkering with some of the software you found myself.

I have tried to record in 1080p/30, 1080i, 720p/60, and 720p/30, and none will import into Premiere. I also tried Vegas 8 and it wanted me to install Quicktime Pro.. so I bought that for $29 and now I can open my clips in Vegas, but Vegas doesn't seem to have a way to burn to DVD.. you have to export from there your edited video to some other format? Premiere will at least let me burn straight to DVD and since I've used it before, I'm a little more comfortable with it.. Vegas looks very different.

I've installed the latest K-Lite CODEC pack and that seems to work great, I can play back the video I've shot no problem at all (even before installing Quicktime). But Premiere I guess does not use system CODECs to import video but rather it's own internal routines.

The wedding I recorded was in 720p/60 and this is the video I need to get edited and burned to DVD sometime soon before the couple divorces or something else happens to make my video useless. :-)

Sigmundt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 16, 2008, 1:51 PM   #130

for vegas video, "render as" them to anything you want as long as your fps is 29.97 fps for ntsc and 25fps for pal. Use devede to add the clip and you can set up your menus in there. MAKE SURE YOU EXPORT TO 29.97FPS from vegas video to take advantage of its framerate change. It enhances the video (not sure how) by adding motion blur (as if you recorded in 29.97fps to begin with). It is way better than the current stuff available for free or by other professional softwares. Try a 5 minute video and let me know how that goes with devede software.

so export from vegas, then use devede to create an iso, then use Imgburn to burn your iso to dvd.

If you want a professional dvd creator, try DVD architect. I have used it and it's okay. Well it is awesome but I think it's way overboard for the average user.

If you are having problems, let me know. I can post a small note for vegas users. I have successfully and painlessly done it like many others here in the forums so don't worry about if it's not going to work at all.