Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Sanyo

Old Aug 10, 2008, 4:31 PM   #11

its not up yet. I am installing ubuntu and arch linux on 2 pc's ill post it up later. tonight It just needs a few more touches, if not, ill just post the software needed and my config files. its not hard to use. It has interface, no command lines needed to learn. It is very streight forward.
Cresho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 11, 2008, 8:25 AM   #12

Thank you... glad I wasn't missing anything obvious
renpriv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 11, 2008, 11:04 AM   #13

Cresho a écrit:
Quote:
In linux, its very easy but in windows, there's to much shareware
I use S.U.P.E.R. This one is free and up to date, full of prameters, and it reconize many formats. Its major default is that the download url is hided :
http://www.erightsoft.com/SUPER.html#Dnload

m.alexis.m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 12, 2008, 5:32 AM   #14

Super (Correction VideoReDo, not Super, was the only program that I could burn my dvr-ms TV card videos to DVD successfully) was the only program that I could get to work with the other problem I had with my TV video files.

Well Chresho I bought my HD1010 today, any further progression on your tutorial for editing these files, no pressure just inquiring.

Just a note to anyone else thinking of buying this camera, Vimeo does not show anywhere near the quality of the out of camera videos. I finally made up my mind 100% after downloading a 600 meg paragliding video, it was just outstanding.

Cheers

Robert
relate2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 12, 2008, 4:26 PM   #15

Yes I'd like to see a good tutorial as well how to edit clips in a normal way.

Ulead 11.5 gives frame errors (no possible to look up what frames to but them out)

Vegas is slow like hell and didn't even bother looking at the ugly GUI anymore

Cyberlink Power Director 6 is also very slow and what is worst of all on an editted movie it really garbles the output. Like the frame rate cannot be followed. People moving are more like "people in cut in stripes" and layed on top of each other but not in the correct position . Funny thing is that converting a single clip to e.g. WMV HD work well (if you have6 hours of patience for a 40 min clip)

Following the posts here I tried super, but when you keep the source full HD size it is even slower. Converting to WMV with super worked fine and rather quick, but I look to edit all the MP4s into a "home movie" with titles and stuff and save it to a more usable format such as WMV HD. Want to keep the HD as good as possible (streaming to TV using XBOX360)

djinx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 12, 2008, 9:05 PM   #16

DO NOT USE SUPER>>>! ITS JUNK!

the tutorial is being posted on the very first reply of this thread. It's going to be continous. I ran out of time and now im going to spend about 4 hours installing virtualbox, windows, and setting up the stuff. Appearantly, i basterdized my windows xp in my virtualbox under linux. THank the developers that i dont need to reinstall my linux os!!! HA! so read the very first post from this thread. it is the tutorial.
Old Aug 12, 2008, 9:45 PM   #17

Thanks Cresho and what a bummer with your windows XP, I hope the re-build goes smoothly for you.
Old Aug 13, 2008, 3:39 AM   #18

Cresho is there an exif program that can tell me the quality, framerate, 720/1080 etc like this program does for still images. I am still in the process of trying out all different resolutions, ISO, framerate etc and all of the files are stored with a generic name so it makes it very hard to work out what settings I used.

http://www.opanda.com/en/iexif/index.html

Thanks

robert
Old Aug 13, 2008, 3:57 AM   #19

As I am in the UK and we use a different frame rate to the US, will the settings you show be ok for me?

I have successfully burnt someone elses file to DVD and it has played fine, but I am not sure what frame rate the file was :?
renpriv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 13, 2008, 4:26 AM   #20

relate2 wrote:
Quote:
Cresho is there an exif program that can tell me the quality, framerate, 720/1080 etc like this program does for still images. I am still in the process of trying out all different resolutions, ISO, framerate etc and all of the files are stored with a generic name so it makes it very hard to work out what settings I used.

http://www.opanda.com/en/iexif/index.html

Thanks

robert
why yes there is
hmmlooking for that freakin link

ohh here is a direct download link.

http://www.headbands.com/gspot/v26x/GSpot270a.zip

Just extract it and click on gspot. ohh and thanks. I am updating the tutorial with this info.

I preffer the gspot but you can also try mp4box. It is command line based.

place your mp4box.exe on c with the file you want to use
run cmd from start and cd c:\
mp4box -info myvideo.mp4

The problem with mp4box is that it does not detect framerate and this is why we are not using it. So use gspot.