Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Sanyo

Old Aug 13, 2008, 4:40 AM   #21

Thanks Cresho, much appreciated, your a legend.
relate2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 13, 2008, 4:47 AM   #22

renpriv wrote:
Quote:
As I am in the UK and we use a different frame rate to the US, will the settings you show be ok for me?

I have successfully burnt someone elses file to DVD and it has played fine, but I am not sure what frame rate the file was :?
You will be fine. The videos you recorded in your xacti will open up in avidemux. you can verify the framerate by clicking on the video and check framerate (DO NOT MODIFY FRAMERATE HERE!). it will show you at what framerate your video is. avidemux can convert your video framerate to pal by.
1. after you configured everything, at the sidebar or top bar, video->filters->transform->resample fps-> and enter what you want, USE BLEND, okay it and close it. you are now ready to have it pal if you typed in..is it 25 fps?

I tried this on my video and it converts it fine. But if you want to leave it at 60 and let dvdflick do the fps change (I have not tried this because I cant view pal), give it a shot and please post if it works.

ohh and ill add this to the tutorial. thanks!
Cresho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 13, 2008, 5:08 AM   #23

just out of curiosity, what players are you guys using to view the mp4 video? WHich is the best and hardware friendly? virtualbox does not use my nvidia drivers so when I view the videos, its fine but I am taxing my cpu! I need something better than windows media player. I know nero has a really good hd player but I want a free one. If not, ill most likely install the nero on my windows (will become bloated)
Old Aug 13, 2008, 9:19 AM   #24

I just saw this post and thought it may be worth a look at as the writer says that the new Pinnacle systems 12 imports and edits his 1080i files. I suppose it is one of the first ones that have solved the 1080i problem.

http://forums.steves-digicams.com/fo...27&page=61
relate2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 13, 2008, 9:29 AM   #25

not bad
http://www.pinnaclesys.com/PublicSit...o+Ultimate.htm

for around 129 bucks it isnt bad at all. I was just looking at the specifications and it has a few exports that make the software worth looking into.
Old Aug 13, 2008, 9:39 AM   #26

Thank you for your reply. I will look forward to reading the finished article.

At the moment I am messing with other peoples video filesas I dont have my Xacti yet.... I am getting it as a Birthday present in a couple of weeks

I currently view my files in the latest version of Windows Media Player and it works great - I have several codecs installed includ ffdshow
renpriv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 14, 2008, 2:55 AM   #27

I tried Pinnacle 12 Ultimate as well as I was getting despate to finish my holiday movie which I promised to hand over to the family. All these programs just fail on Full HD. Ulead 11.5, Cyberlink and now Pinnacle as well.

Soo slow and unresponsive. It seems like having issues displaying the clip thumbnails and then freezes out, it also takes up loads of resources, maybe I need to buy a quad core 64 bit with 4 GB ram or so to edit my Sanyo video .

Anyway I will keep on monitoring this forum and I hope to be able to convert my mp4's to a more edittable format.

I think i will never shoot in 1080i ever again, I think that is just too heavy for "normal" PC's
djinx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 14, 2008, 3:08 AM   #28

I can help you with your 1080i. I was able to successfully convert them to 1080p. the results is great but not fantastic. Reason here is after deinterlace, you have 2 options....using the i or p frame and doubling them gives a more digital effect. combining and deinterlacing gives it a film effect. It wasnt a problem. the only problem you will have is if you have a file that is around 2+gb in size. anything under is workable but I very much dislike 1080i. I just have not posted the information here because i ran out of time last night. It took me 6 hours just posting this info. It was not necessery but..here let me tell you what you need

use mp4cam2avi and batch convert to multiple files. keep source video and convert audio to mp3. use virtualdub with the ffmpeg installer I posted here.

Now you will need to install the xvid from http://www.xvid.org/ and install that. Ya i know ffmpeg has one but i used xvid from here because it worked better.

here are my config files for virtualdub. I use this process for the 1080i videos that i stopped working with.

so mp4cam2avi and then virtualdub, append files just like you do with avidemux to make multiple files into one. click file->load a proccess setting from my zip file..and then save as avi. NO CONFIGURATION NEEDED because i did all the work already

sorry I didnt proofread this but I am doing other things.

http://www.virtualdub.org/
http://sourceforge.net/projects/mp4cam2avi/?abmode=1

Attached Files
File Type: zip virtualdub-processing_settings.zip (3.5 KB, 104 views)
Old Aug 14, 2008, 3:12 AM   #29

ohh darn!!!!!!!!!!! this is important...mp4cam2avi needs to be video output source and audio to mp3. the reason being is that my process settings was not configured to do this. It passes stream over! so that is all. I'll update the tutorial later and clear up a few missunderstandings and grammer problems but I have short time. maybee this weekend ill add more info such as recommended settings and stuff I found out or use or what ever.
Old Aug 14, 2008, 4:06 AM   #30

I am running the initial conversion with mpg4avi as we speak . Goes quick. I did choose mp3 and not pcm, so lucky guess from me

I'll let you know if everything worked out fine! Whish me luck and thx for all the great advise!
djinx is offline   Reply With Quote