Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Sanyo

Old Aug 14, 2008, 1:43 PM   #31

I just added a few more touches on the guide I put up. I just added a "My Recommended Settings" section. It is quality purpouse only. I was fiddling with it this morning and found a few settings which are very usefull.

Ill add a section of compression for smaller size purpouses later on. I am particullarly interested in downsizing my videos using lanczos3 to "240p" if you want to call it that because I have a zaurus pda. I show my family out of state the home video footages. Transflective screen on a pda is gorgeous.
Cresho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 14, 2008, 3:49 PM   #32

Hi

I have followed your tutorial in avidemux2. I open a file from the xacti camera (640x480) and use your output settings. But when I save it something goes wrong. I get a stat file and a file which is not a videofile in only (450kb.)

What am I missing?
Newcoma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 15, 2008, 12:26 AM   #33

This is a 2 pass. The first pass creates a stat file. The second pass actually creates the video file. a 2 pass takes 2 times longer than a single pass. 2 pass is high quality. Just remember that a 2 pass is for quality. after your video is made, you can delete the stat file after your avi is complete! avidemux will say its done! you will need to copy your files from your camera to your desktop-if I understood correctly, you are using your camera as a drive? what camera are you using. If you are using 640x480, why? this is the xacti hd1000 and hd1010 guide. Of course, if you have a different camera, what are you using and send me a 2 second video or attach one here. I need to see gspot's output. If you can, post a pic of gspot's output. I need to see what codecs you are using. Can you see and hear the video from avidemux?

ohh! what is your input? you mention 640x480. It could be you need to do something else and I can advice you on this. the settings are for users with 1920x720 video resolution high definition. for 640x480 video (not720p input), you will need to use 6000kb/s just because the video does not requires too much for low res. you can go as low as 3000 for smaller files but you then start to see artifacts.

If you preffer, do a test run with a single pass quantaziser with 2 quantization. Let me know what happens.

Old Aug 15, 2008, 5:20 AM   #34

djinx wrote:
Quote:
I tried Pinnacle 12 Ultimate as well as I was getting despate to finish my holiday movie which I promised to hand over to the family. All these programs just fail on Full HD. Ulead 11.5, Cyberlink and now Pinnacle as well.

Soo slow and unresponsive. It seems like having issues displaying the clip thumbnails and then freezes out, it also takes up loads of resources, maybe I need to buy a quad core 64 bit with 4 GB ram or so to edit my Sanyo video .

Anyway I will keep on monitoring this forum and I hope to be able to convert my mp4's to a more edittable format.

I think i will never shoot in 1080i ever again, I think that is just too heavy for "normal" PC's
I just updated the dvd flick section. it can import and deinterlace 1080i. If you just want to bypass avidemux (i only use this to convert stuff to my desktop or pda), you can the 1080i videos on use the dvd flick software. I did it once but I can't verify this for sure since it's been a while.
Old Aug 15, 2008, 7:30 AM   #35

Thanks again Cresho for all of your hard work on these programs. I just love the simplicity of DVD flicks and it works a treat.

I played a bit with Nero which came with the camera but it gives me the s*#*ts when I just spent nearly half an hour burning a high definition video to a DVD and at the end finding out that to play the DVD I had to buy the full version of Nero. Tell me this before I start to burn the DVD not at the bloody end, luckily it was just a short test video.

It is a shame about Pinnacle, hopefully things will improve when the codecs are finally standardised.
relate2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 15, 2008, 12:12 PM   #36

Ya! I been burned by pinnacle many times. 3 products just for your info at 150 to 200 dollars a pop for my dv editing programs as well as by dazzle with usb lousy audio sync issues. They can all burn in heck for all I care. When I Discovered kino in linux, I told myself to try out community open source first before. Even with vegas video and DVD architect, I been burned but not that many times.

DVD flicks is easy, and awsome!
Old Aug 16, 2008, 3:16 AM   #37

WOW have I got a smile on my face from ear to ear. :-):-):-)

I just had my first proper play with avidemux. I thought the videos were good straight out of the camera. I post process most of my still pictures as I like them to have a punch of colour and sharpness, avidemux allows me to do this, it is like Photoshop for videos, very very nice.
Old Aug 16, 2008, 3:42 AM   #38

I just finished watching my family video on dvd. I noticed that it needed a little kick. I am using a progressive mode dvd player with the high definition monitor. It looks really good but what kind of enhancements did you use? I'm curious since avidemux has tons of filters.

Ohh and what setting do you use on the camera when you record? I use the plain jane color setting. Does this affect video and picture?

ohh just to add some more info, here is a guide on creating slide shows.

http://www.avidemux.org/admForum/viewtopic.php?id=4143

Im also looking at creating fade in and fade out.
Old Aug 16, 2008, 4:09 AM   #39

Hi Cresho,

I tested this on a 1920x1080p default settings other than landscape mode test video I took.

I used your settings for Mpeg 4ASP/xvid4 and MP3LAME.

Then from the top video settings I used

1. resize 1:1
2. Colours: Mplayereq2....increase green for grass, it was a bit browned off as it is winter....Blue for the sky......Contrast just a touch.
3. MSharpen: default threshold 15 Strength 100

I think it will take a while for me to workout a good workflow, although I think it will end up the same as Photoshop were I do a slight S curve to increase contrast, then a little touch of saturation and finally sharpen to finish off. Of course it also depends on each photo/video as to what it really needs.
Old Aug 16, 2008, 4:58 AM   #40

OHH YA! you have the hd1010. Have you tried a video with 720p and 1080p on the same subject, then resized the 720p with lanczos3? I usually add little sharpness. I'm curious to see what you think of it. you are running the [email protected] right?

thanks for the info on the color. Ill try the mplayereq2 and the msharpen, as well as contrast. From what I am dabbling with using these, I think i can get my image looking better.