Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Sanyo

Old Aug 17, 2008, 11:36 PM   #51

Just a comment about Fuji cameras they are known to produce photos with saturated colours. I personally like those types of photos and the reason I increase the saturation in my photos.

I think the Sanyo 1010 produces very lifelike colours, not necessarily highly saturated and the reason at the moment I am increasing the saturation in my 1010 videos.

I am using a 12month old Dell 20" widescreen LCD so maybe you have something there. I have noticed that the new Dell 24" screen has 100% colour gamut, indeed something to keep in mind for when I upgrade my 20" screen.
relate2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 17, 2008, 11:43 PM   #52

yes! Definetly correct on those observations. my old s3800 has really good quality even compared to the new ones. It is almost slr quality. the one i returned btw was a s800fd or something. TERRIBLE! OHH! I just added a section about joining videos. It's under avidemux. you can just copy both audio and video and create an avi file without re-encoding anything. I did not mention it before because I had an issue with it back then. The new version seems to wkr a bit different and better. I read somewhere that some had problems with some players but who knows. It works fine on my end. Also, always keep the originals.

I am going to send a email to the author for the 1080i support. that is the only thing that is wrong with the mp4 and avidemux as far as I can tell.

Better yet, I just added a bug in the bugtracker.
Cresho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 18, 2008, 12:26 AM   #53

Yes if they supported 1080i there would be no need for any other programs, lets hope they can do something about it.
Old Aug 18, 2008, 5:25 AM   #54

Cresho I tried you tip to join my videos in Avidemux and struck a problem, but I found a solution. The videos joined well but the sound ended up jumbled up and out of sync.

My solution was to set the audio to AAC (FAAC) and bitrate 160. AAC is the audio setting they recommend in Vimeo and it worked fine. Why the solution worked I don't know but it works now.

Cheers

Robert
Old Aug 18, 2008, 6:08 AM   #55

Interesting. THis is most likely related to your player. I am using Linux totem movie player with gstreamer plug-ins to decode. I have no popping nor any sync issues. How about if you encode it to mp4? I know it defeats the purpouse but I am curious to see what would happen if you copy both audio and video but you use mp4 as a format? Curious to see what it does.
Old Aug 18, 2008, 6:34 AM   #56

Mp4 works fine, no sound problems. I was using Videolan VLC media player to play the video.
Old Aug 19, 2008, 2:24 AM   #57

thanks for detailed conversion guides.

I am using a 40" Full High Den Samsung LCD TV

when using the originaldock , output in hdmi cable , the color isexcellent , bright and sharp.

when using the computer hdmi output (G45 intel onboard graphics ),the clip is pale and dead.

do you have such comparison ? is it the problem ofencoding or thecomputer graphic cards.

(there is also a great different in color and quality whenoutput with DVI and VGA port )

when i view in CRT tv , via the dock , it is good , when recorded to DVD recorder ,output to CRT TV --- no different , same quality as via the dock.

Since I want to combine the many clips into one file for easy viewing as well as decreasing the file size . is it possible?

parissiu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 19, 2008, 2:47 AM   #58

YES THIS IS A GRAPHCS CARD ISSUE. Your samsung has 2 hdmi from what I am aware of. Each has its own independent color, brightness, contrast adjustment per HDMI. Your intel graphics card has it's own video color adjustment called "overlay settings" and sometiems adjusting these in display properties will need a current video running. I am assuming you have control over these settings and should be able to adjust colors, brightness, contrast according to your liking. I know I have adjusted them before on nvidia cards.

You need to be aware that everytime you re-encode such content to other types of codecs, expect to loose quality. Also, the lower the bitrate, the more "pixleated" it becomes. If you just want to combine videos, do what relate2 and I have been doing, either append all videos, video and audio setting to copy mode, save as avi, (if you have issues with this one, change the audio to mp3), or...

it is possible to reduce your video to a lower bitrate size and audio but you will start seeing quality loss.

for xvid, try 3000 mb/s and audio mp3 128bitrate. If you want to reduce the video resolution, try Transform->Resize->854 height 480 and change bilinear to lanczos3. You will start to see video anomalies.

It really depends what you want to use it for and also, remember that the sanyo is already compressing video as best as possible to the point where anything lower just does'nt cut it.

for the default resolution, I have not tried to reduce the bitrate for video using xvid but try a small sample at you can start with 6000mb/s and work your way up till you find a rate you like.
Old Aug 19, 2008, 3:21 AM   #59

I added a section on OpenDML files under avidemux tutorial. THis is needed to create bigger than 4gb videos.
Old Aug 19, 2008, 4:40 AM   #60

Thanks your info , I will try different hdmi port ( totally no idea that each has it's own
color settings)

Did try the G45 color setting but still not as good as original dock.
would try the Samsung HDMI port and report.

parissiu is offline   Reply With Quote