Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Sanyo

Old Aug 19, 2008, 4:48 AM   #61

If quality reduce when lower bitrate , that's not i want . I am astonished by the original clips (especially compared with my DV ).

I will read your clip combine tutor............ to learn how to combine.

Thanks.

( regarding the stabilizing system of HD1000 , quite disappointing , so that i always use tripod ,but when in car to catch wonderful scenic , it shakes terribly , I heard there is some software to improve the shaked clips , do you know any? workable?)

Thanks again.
parissiu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 19, 2008, 2:30 PM   #62

disregard this part, i took it off but changing hdmi ports will not work btw. read on my next post.
Cresho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 19, 2008, 2:37 PM   #63

HERE WE GO
http://www.intel.com/support/graphics/sb/cs-022130.htm
look at the properties sheet of the intel chip. there is a video overlay settings there. you need to adjust your colors there! sometimes you need to have a video running just to adjust video overlay.
Old Aug 19, 2008, 5:29 PM   #64

this one for cresho, i am a complete newbie at all this, and i just come back from america with 32gb of hd footage. i think most of it in full hd mode recorded with xacti hd 1000. i am assuming this will be 1080i? i have a couple of commercial programs namely pinnacle studio 12 and nero 8. all i want to do is get footage on to some dvd to share with family. i have had loads of problems with rendering.my computer takes a very long time to render even 15 minutes of film. i am trying to make a avchd quality disc on a normal dvd. i dont really know where to start or even if my computer is up to the task. i am running windows xp with core 2 duo processor at 1.8ghz, 2gb ddr2 ram nvidia geforce 8600gt super+1gb graphics card. i would appreciate any advice you can give me . thanks
minnie-fan63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 19, 2008, 8:16 PM   #65

Hi Minni,

I am very new at this also but as far as I know the only easy way to get full HD video on a NORMAL DVD is to copy the video as a DATA file. Which means that you can then only play it back on a computer with the right software OR.....you could play the video through your graphics card to a HDTV.

If you want Full HD video on a DVD to play on a HDTV through a DVD player you will need a blu-ray DVD disc, blu-ray burner, blu-ray player and HDTV.

One other thing about the rendering time on your computer if you don't want to make a special movie with edits, menus etc you could just join all of the movies together and it will just take minutes to join even 32gb of movies and I think the camera can do this by itself if I remember right.

Remember I am new at this as well but this is the information I have received on a Serif forum inquiring whether or not their new MoviePlus X3 will handle 1080i movies.

1. Copied HD movies to normal DVD can be played back through a computer in full HD with the right software.

2. They can also be played from your computers graphics card to a HDTV at FULL HD....IF....you have an hmdi output on your graphics card. If you don't the quality will be good but not full HD.

Bottom line is it appears we are at the leading edge of HD movies and it has not quite matured yet.

One last thing, I don't know if the HD1000 has the same capabilities as my HD1010 but if you want to show your videos at the FULL glorious HD to your friends you can just use the EXATI library, your camera and an external HD. That way you can have a movie as long as you like, edited and saved to the external HD and shown at full HD. Unfortunately you have to have your camera to do this definitely not as easy as handing them a DVD but a good excuse to have a movie night.:-):-)
relate2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 19, 2008, 9:20 PM   #66

Hi , Minni

Would you mind telling me if there is big different by output via the dock and output via your computer ( yours graphic card is 8600 , mine is intel G45 onboard and find very pale and dead though Cresdo has shown me the adjusting the overlay settings and even the independent setting of the 40" SAMSUNG HDMI port .)

Hi, Cresho ,
report : i have adjusted the HDMI port and the G45 graphics settings , a bit better but still 20% quality discount in quality. I think totally the quality of G45.

================================================== ====
i could use the xacti libray very well but still want to watch via computer .
if there anyone using 790G onboard of G45 like me ????

or anyone using mid-range graphic card ($US100) and see quality as good as the dock.. please suggest : 8600GT 9600GT ?

for your reference, here in HK , 9600GTO is about us$120
Old Aug 19, 2008, 9:42 PM   #67

Hi Parissiu,

I am using a Nvidia 7900 GT and the video is beautiful. An on board graphics chip really is only good for general computing work, not for any graphics intensive programs like video or games, it just doesn't have the hardware to output the images properly.

Although apparently Intel is working on incorporating an onboard chip that will rival a stand alone graphics card, but it is a way off yet.

Cheers

Robert.
relate2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 19, 2008, 10:52 PM   #68

Minnie ,
Thanks your information , made a wrong decision to have purchased an onboard graphics. Someone has told me that p35+8600 better. You prove my fault.

Thanks.
Old Aug 19, 2008, 10:53 PM   #69

sorry ,
wrong address ,

THANKS RELATE2

but thanks Minnie in advance.

Parissiu
Old Aug 20, 2008, 1:28 AM   #70

minnie-fan63 wrote:
Quote:
this one for cresho, i am a complete newbie at all this, and i just come back from america with 32gb of hd footage. i think most of it in full hd mode recorded with xacti hd 1000. i am assuming this will be 1080i? i have a couple of commercial programs namely pinnacle studio 12 and nero 8. all i want to do is get footage on to some dvd to share with family. i have had loads of problems with rendering.my computer takes a very long time to render even 15 minutes of film. i am trying to make a avchd quality disc on a normal dvd. i dont really know where to start or even if my computer is up to the task. i am running windows xp with core 2 duo processor at 1.8ghz, 2gb ddr2 ram nvidia geforce 8600gt super+1gb graphics card. i would appreciate any advice you can give me . thanks
You can setup setup your 1080i just fine in dvdflick. Resolution does not matter. It accepts this resolution. you can directly copy the files from sd, put on a folder in your computer, and drag and drop them into the main menu of dvd flick. It accepts 1080i or any resolution you can throw at it. (DO NOT USE YOUR SD AS A DRIVE AND TRY CREATING A DVD. YOU COULD ENCOUNTER SUSPEND ISSUES OR EVEN THE SD OR USB LINK DISCONNECTING CAUSING PROBLEMS SO COPY YOUR SD CONTENT TO A FOLDER ON YOUR PC!)

here is how to do it.

1. drag and drop your video into the dvd flicks
2. arrange your videos by highlighting on one and using the arrow keys to move footage up or down. the arrow keys are on the right side of the menu.
3. if you want to give each file a title, highlight one and "edit title" its on the right side.
4. select project settings and in general->title, give it a name. leave dvd 4.3gb alone. dual disk layer are not that supported in the consumer market depending on the dvd player.
5. select video and if you are uk, use pal but japan or us uses ntsc.
6. select playback. remove checkmark on "loop to first title when done playing last"
7. select burning. give it a disk label and select your drive to burn on.
8. click accept
9. select menu settings ontop. highlight the one you want and put a check on "enable menu" and click accept when done (you can create your own menus which I have done already) but lets stick to the defaults for now.
10. if you want chapters on your videos. for each video you have thrown into the window, double click on it and click on chapters, and choose what chapters you want in minutes or in chapters per video. make sure you leave a checkmark on one of them and if you want to apply in all titles without going through the hassle, there is a button on the bottom. "apply to all titles"
11. accept
12. put a dvd in the tray. save your project. then click on "create dvd"

if you keep things consistant without moving directories, then the next dvd you create, you can just "open project" and "Create DVD" and will not need to worry about re-encoding. This process takes hours. On my pc, it takes about 30 minutes.

if you keep a master, then you can use nero to copy a dvd movie since it is not copy protected.

at the bottom of the dvd flick gui, you can see where it is creating your dvd

Documents and Settings->rainman->My Documents->dvd

you can delete this after and use your nero to copy a dvd movie. Make sure you copy a dvd movie and not just copy data. DATA dvd and Movie dvd are totally different.