Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Sanyo

Old Sep 13, 2008, 3:33 AM   #81

Okay the new tutorial is done. I took out alot of nonsense and added more nonsense.

Basically what was missing was that avidemux could not detect and build a map of the vbr of the audio. WinFF is used to fix this issue as a temporary means but after this, you can edit in avidemxu all you want and videos will come out clean and in sync.
Cresho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 13, 2008, 7:45 AM   #82

Thanks again to you Cresho for all your hard work making it easier for us newbies to video editing. I hope people realise how much work goes into testing and putting together a good tutorial.

Thanks mate

Robert
relate2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 13, 2008, 2:52 PM   #83

:? Since I recently bought the camera, I can do with it pretty much what I want in linux. But in windows, It's killing me! the output videos from the avidemux will not work with dvdflicks. The videos are fine but dvdflicks doesnt like it. You can use the xacti files by itself no problems abut the video edited using the method mentioned will not work. I am looking for a work around. My goal is to have a video edited without re-encoding the whole thing. It's almost perfected but it's screwed in some points.

It's not size related and not audio related either. I am testing out video encoding. What I might add is having avidemux encode to dvd compliancy and have dvd flicks not bother with reincoding it and shooting it streight to iso or dvd folders or directly to dvd which might work! What I have found is that It is a DVDFLICK error, It is a runtime error! It looks like the files are fine.

thanks for the thanks dude!
Old Sep 13, 2008, 4:28 PM   #84

This is is definitely a .net runtime error! I cannot confirm this because I don't have this setup on a real windows environment. It works fine for me using the output files from avidemux and converted to dvd using MANDVD. I am sure the nero can work with these files but i wont be able to confirm anything until i get a windows box running not until a day or 2. I have a few workarounds that work fine for me but for the open and free software that involves windows is a problem.
Old Sep 14, 2008, 8:21 AM   #85

The tutorial is done. It's now really easy to get your videos on to a pc and DVDwith no problems using free software available.

To get avidemux to output a file that dvdflicks can use, I had to have avidemux re-encode the edited final avi file and also reduce the framerate with blending option enabled to give it a true film look. From what I have seen, using direct 60fps videos and having dvdflicks convert the framerate to ntsc or pal gaved it an ugly digital look.

Hope this helps a few people.
Old Sep 14, 2008, 11:22 AM   #86

Hello
i keep getting a lot of these errors when I convert the mp4 to avi in winff.

error while decoding stream #0.1
aac @ 0009b21560faac
frame decoding failed : maximum numbers of bitstreams exceeded

Anybody who knows what is wrong?
Newcoma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 14, 2008, 4:53 PM   #87

just a few questions:
1. are you using a xacti hd1000?
2. I am assuming you are using [email protected] but are the files using the same resolution and fps. you cannot mix and match.
3. did you also install ffdshow?
4. is your partition a fat32 or a ntfs?
5. if you installed ffdshow, did you avoid configuring it and just hit next until the install finished?
Just to add a bit more information, I just did a fresh install of windows xp in my virtualbox, installed winff and ffdshow beta5. Used a [email protected] video clip I recorded about 5 seconds worth and it worked fine. I even tried it on my windows xp box and that worked fine too!
Old Sep 15, 2008, 10:35 AM   #88

1. hd1000
2. There is only oe file. 720p 30fps
3. it is ntfs
4. I tried installing ffdshow again and the same thing happened... Any suggestions?
Old Sep 15, 2008, 10:41 AM   #89

I tried copying the sourcefile to my localharddrive in stead of an external harddrive and that solved the problem...
Old Sep 15, 2008, 3:25 PM   #90

ill add this info to my notes...thanks!!!