Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Sanyo

Old Aug 13, 2008, 9:02 AM   #1

Yesterday my HD1010 came in, but now I have a question for other HD1010 owners... Are you capable of recording 300 fps movie clips with stabilization on?

On mine it only works with stabilization off. When stabilization is on, the blue ring light starts blinking and the lcd goes black when attempting to record 300 fps...
Rawit is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Aug 13, 2008, 10:03 AM   #2

It will not allow stabilisation to even be selected when movie mode is set to 300fps. On mine if I select stabilisation it automatically takes it out of 300fps and selects 1920X1080i. If I select 300fps it automatically takes it out of stabilisation.

I guess it takes too much processing power to do both at the same time, although if you are shooting at 300fps you would have to be shaking the camera pretty bad for it to affect the video.
relate2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 13, 2008, 10:13 AM   #3

Thanks for the response! It makes sense that stabilization isn't available in 300fps mode.

I never tried to turn on stabilization after I switched to 300fps mode, it occurred when the stabilization was already on in 720p60 mode, after which I switched to 300fps mode.

Tonight I will give it a reset, and see how it responds.
Old Aug 13, 2008, 10:34 AM   #4

Remember, if you know how to use AVIsynth and VirtualDub, you can do stabilization in post-production with Gunnar Thalin's amazing "Deshaker" plug in - it is absolutely stunning, as it will interpolate missing pixels at the edge of the deshaken image based on prior and subsequent frames ...

Trevmar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 13, 2008, 10:45 AM   #5

Thanks for the advice. I've done a lot with AVIsynth and VirtualDub, but I never used DeShaker before. I will look into it.

Using the 300fps mode, camera shake isn't a real issue however. Everything is in slow motion, even camera shake, which nullifies the shake problem.

My concern was more about the menu/firmware... My Sanyo HD1010 gets stuck after the following:

- Switch the Sanyo to 720p60 mode with stabilization;
- Select 300fps mode instead of the 720p60 mode;
- Press rec.

The 300fps + stabilization combo isn't available, so I would have expected a message or switching one of the settings back. But in my case, the screen goes black (but the backlight is on) and the blue ring light blinks like with a normal recording. The only way to get out of that mode is to press the on/off switch and close the lid. One time I could exit it by zooming.

Old Aug 13, 2008, 12:57 PM   #6

Trevmar,

Is Virtual dub freeware?

Mark.
Barbel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 13, 2008, 1:28 PM   #7

Trevmar wrote:
Quote:
Remember, if you know how to use AVIsynth and VirtualDub, you can do stabilization in post-production with Gunnar Thalin's amazing "Deshaker" plug in - it is absolutely stunning, as it will interpolate missing pixels at the edge of the deshaken image based on prior and subsequent frames ...
Do you have to use a combination of AVIsynth and Virtual Dub or it is either/or?

I have looked at VirtualDub, but came away baffled :?
renpriv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 19, 2008, 1:25 PM   #8

Trevmar wrote:
Quote:
My virtual dub doesnt accept MP4 files from the HD1010 shot in 1280x720p 60fps ?!

Any good advice for me out there? :-)
kyrkbymannen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 25, 2008, 2:53 AM   #9

MP4 cam 2 AVI.

Google "mp4cam2avi" and you'll get the media converter, takes camera-generated MP4 movies and turns them into AVI equivalents that you can edit with VirtualDub, which by the way is excellent freeware, and not too hard to get the hang of if you can get into it. Not as easy as movie maker for Windows, but much more powerful.

Grunchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 3, 2008, 7:03 PM   #10

I have just been playing with my new HD1010 and couldnt wait to try the 300fps setting but am miserably disappointed.

The only resolution recording at 300fps is something like 448 x 336 which is pretty low and is sub-YouTube video quality.

I can see you all talking about having stabilisation on/off and recommended setting of 720 etc but I cannot get mine to do 300fps at anything apart from the 448 x 336 setting!

Any ideas chaps?

Thanks.

Lee
djleekee is offline   Reply With Quote