Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Sanyo

Old Sep 27, 2008, 5:04 AM   #11

The temp is most likely related to the color such as 9300k, or 6500k, or srgb. It's like adding shaded glasses on a bright day.l

Have you done any nonelinear video editing? or is it just cut and paste. Ill probably add a recommended "commercial applications section" incase people feel free stuff doesnt offer the tools they require.

I use to buy lots of apps until I found out many just don't work. So I opt to look for free before I jump into the commercial stuff.
Cresho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 27, 2008, 5:13 AM   #12

Here is a screen shot from their web page, easier than me trying to explain what it does..

relate2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 27, 2008, 5:41 AM   #13

It looks like it has multitrack video editing from what i saw in the flash tutorials. I don't like the registration process. If your not connected, you cant register. also, you cannot use this software on a second pc if you decide to do so. The registration on most applications are tide into the "hardware ID". But you cant beat the price! I think its a bargain if they let you use all the softwares. plus you get updates! in vegas, after forking like 800 dollars for one version, the next year you would need to fork out another 800. No updates on unsupported video formats! Good find man!
Old Sep 27, 2008, 9:01 PM   #14

Well I finally was able to grab some screen shots using the AVS dvd player. I was lucky after some persistence to grab the exact same frame, one with autoLevels and 60% sharpening and the same frame with no effects.

It takes out a bit of the haze effect on the video caused by the midday sun and overcast sky.

Here is a link to the two photos and the easiest I have found it to open the photos in pbase at full size and use your browsers back and forward button and you will see the difference. If you look at the rocks under my hand you can see the difference pretty easily.

http://www.pbase.com/reelate2/image/103729711 Autolevels and sharpening

http://www.pbase.com/reelate2/image/103730138 no effects.

If I had more control over the sharpening radius I could have used a trick I use for my landscape photos in Photoshop which can have the same type of haze. If you use a really large radius it takes out the mountain haze.

Regarding AVS I have also found they have a registry cleaner in their line up as well, quiet a line up for the price they are asking.
Old Sep 27, 2008, 9:55 PM   #15

I usually don't screw around with registry cleaners.

Regarding the pictures, and besides the jpeg compression problem, I clicked on large since my resolution is 1920x1200 and saw a very nice transition from something that looked moody to something more enjoyable. what kind of scalig does the software offer? lanczos3 support? or is it cubic or linear algorhythms? just curious
Old Sep 28, 2008, 12:49 AM   #16

More with the BUT's :-)

It does not have lanczos3 what it does have is

Nearest neighbour

Linear interpolation

cubic interpolation

supersampling interpolation

Seeing as though the beta version is the only one that will upscale from 720 to 1080 which I tried and it looked pretty good. Although the beta being a beta there is no indication as to what method it is using.

I can always use Avidemux to upscale then use Avs4you for editing.

Do you know if supersampling interpolation come anywhere near lanczos3?

Cheers

Robert
Old Sep 28, 2008, 2:51 AM   #17

supersampling interpolation...sounds interesting. lanczos3 still proves better.
http://www.aurigma.com/Support/DocVi...nside.htm.aspx
Old Sep 28, 2008, 5:18 AM   #18

Thanks mate. :-)
Old Sep 28, 2008, 10:07 AM   #19

I fixed the main problem with Serif's MPX3 which has curves and unsharp mask dialogues boxes the same as Photoshop, which give very good control. For me though sometimes too many choices. :-)

I find sometimes though, a personal trait of mine is I tinker too much and sometime spoil a photo. I tell you this because I have played with Serif's curves & sharpening on that same video and I know I have gone that one step too far, I like the look of the mountain in the background though............I was about to post this message and I thought I will have one more try.

I think I have found a balance, have a look at this photo, from there the previous button will take you to the original photo and the next button will take you to the over the top curves adjustment.

http://www.pbase.com/reelate2/image/103752342
Old Sep 28, 2008, 1:27 PM   #20

I think there was too much black over taking the picture. It took the black and as if shades of gray disappeared. I think it was a bit overkill depending how you wanted to present the film. also, I can see some color artifacts. One problem showing slides from a film is I dont know how you are presenting the film. I'm treating it as a picture. Have you ever seen battlestar galactica? If I saw a single frame on as a picture, it is ugly but it looks way nice as a fim. I hope you have vemeo space! :?

http://www.lagom.nl/lcd-test/

the above link is what i use to calibrate high definition monitors and regular pc monitors. I never modify from the graphics cards gamma. this is the improper way. it needs to be calibrated from the monitor itself. I hope this helps. THis way, i can see exactly what you are seeing. Fixes all shades and colors

In reality, I only use it to fix the brightness and contrast, the colors I leave alone. Also, you can see how well your monitor performs vs all shades and light of the spectrum as well as how your monitor uses pixles (if it is truly pixle per pixle. Interesting stuff.

Depending how you used the xacti, it grabs the whole scene and makes use of the environment to correctly balance light and shade. Sometimes, like in this picture, reducing brightness or increasing the contrast will offer a better look. I don't think together works out. check out the link and most lcd do not need calibrating, sometimes they do.

just check out the "black section, white balance, and gradient" if you see banding, then you know your monitor needs an update."

You know something? I was treating your video as if it was a picture! Isn't this crazy?